Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: A Couple Questions For You All....  (Read 6152 times)

Offline Jughead

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE
  • City / Town: Blue Ridge, TX
A Couple Questions For You All....
« on: April 29, 2016, 11:06:40 pm »
I picked up my new '15 sweetheart with 10 miles on the clock Wednesday on the way to work.  Anybody experience a small knock or clack when stopping?  Only does it when I come to a full stop, hard brake or smooth stop.   It only does after I am totally still. If I do a rolling stop, nothing but normal sounds. Sounds almost something is either releasing or switching off. 
Strange thing, I was going to run by the dealer in the morning and give them a shout, unless it's something normal for these bikes.  I had a 955 Tiger and they were quite noisy.

Also, I might be an idiot, but what's the bloody trick to open the storage box on the left side of the fairing? I know it is locked until the key is in the on position, but I cannot get it opened engine started or not.

Other than that so far, I see a long and happy relationship with this one!
Another one of the founding members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline OhioWinger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Southern Ohio
Re: A Couple Questions For You All....
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 11:51:59 pm »
I do not have any sound while braking, maybe someone else will chime in.

The left pocket, ignition switch on or while bike is running but it has to be parked. The box will not open while moving.

BTW congrats on the bike!

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 12:34:35 am »
*Originally Posted by OhioWinger [+]
I do not have any sound while braking, maybe someone else will chime in.

The left pocket, ignition switch on or while bike is running but it has to be parked. The box will not open while moving.

BTW congrats on the bike!

And that may be what is making the noise when you stop... the solenoid that locks/unlocks the door.  Might not be mounted or adjusted properly.
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

Offline plgoddard

• Trophy Pro
  • IBA #61353
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Detroit
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 12:35:08 am »
*Originally Posted by Jughead [+]
...Anybody experience a small knock or clack when stopping?  Only does it when I come to a full stop, hard brake or smooth stop.   It only does after I am totally still....
Also, I might be an idiot, but what's the bloody trick to open the storage box on the left side of the fairing? ...
Never had any noises upon breaking, but my cubby does require a little wiggle once in a while -- perhaps a bit of small misalignment in the plastics? Sometimes I can see or hear that the latch is undone but the cubby top requires a gentle push to the side (like a tiny bit of a pry) to open up. Nothing that I can't do even with gloves on, so I actually haven't even thought about it until I read your post.

Oh, and CONGRATS! Every day I get a chance to ride mine I'm a happy man.

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 01:06:18 am »
 Please ignore my last post in your intro thread where I ask if you got the bike or not!

I've never here that knock or clack. I'd take it by the dealer and have them take a look.

Cubby??? Can't help you. Once again, I'm sure someone at the dealer can have a look.

Enjoy the new ride!!!!
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline Jughead

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE
  • City / Town: Blue Ridge, TX
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 01:14:36 am »
Hahaha no prob! I ended up getting it $13468 out the door.  I feel like i almost stole it! Repeat customer gets a deal every now & then....😜

I will check out atrophy's suggestion above, that's exactly what it sounds like, something plastic or fiberglass or something latching or releasing down in the fairing somewhere....

Another one of the founding members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline tdragger

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 03:03:01 am »
*Originally Posted by Jughead [+]
Hahaha no prob! I ended up getting it $13468 out the door.  I feel like i almost stole it! Repeat customer gets a deal every now & then....😜

I will check out atrophy's suggestion above, that's exactly what it sounds like, something plastic or fiberglass or something latching or releasing down in the fairing somewhere....

Good God!  I thought I had a steal at $15,800.  Wow!
-------------------------------------
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #609 (formerly 42146)

Offline SofaKing

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Spokane Valley
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 04:05:42 am »
I believe atrophy is correct with his thoughts.  I had the exact same noise on my 2015 TTSE and finally traced it to the left side storage compartment.  My makes a popping noise just before coming to a full stop every time.  I believe the locking mechanism is tied to the ECU to prevent you from opening the top hinged door on the storage compartment.  If a rider was allowed to open the door while the bike was moving, the door could come in contact with the left side handlebar as it sweeps across the top of the compartment.
At least I believe that is the logic behind preventing it from being opened while at speed.

tweedy-bunch