Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sena 20s with Shoei GT Air speaker fit  (Read 7395 times)

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 trophy se
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
Sena 20s with Shoei GT Air speaker fit
« on: April 30, 2016, 07:46:53 pm »
Just put the hammer down on a gt-air and sena 20s. There seems to be no video material on the installation of that  combination. Rumor has it that the sena 20s speakers are larger than the older version sena 10 and that the hole cutouts for the shoei rf1200 were not big enough to hold the increased size of the 20s. I was hoping the new gt air had holes big enough the accommodate the speaker size update on the 20s. Anyone have this combination that can comment on the speaker  fit?

thanks

Greygoose

Offline AZBob

• Trophy Master
  • Wubalubadubdub!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Chandler, AZ
Re: Sena 20s with Shoei GT Air speaker fit
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 05:47:54 pm »
*Originally Posted by Greygoose [+]
Just put the hammer down on a gt-air and sena 20s. There seems to be no video material on the installation of that  combination. Rumor has it that the sena 20s speakers are larger than the older version sena 10 and that the hole cutouts for the shoei rf1200 were not big enough to hold the increased size of the 20s. I was hoping the new gt air had holes big enough the accommodate the speaker size update on the 20s. Anyone have this combination that can comment on the speaker  fit?

thanks

Greygoose

The RF-1200's holes are indeed large enough to fit the larger 20s speakers, you just have to play with the orientation of the speakers a little bit. If need be, you can actually cut the speaker pocket plastic. I have an RF-1200 with my 20s installed in it.
2014 Triumph Trophy 1200 SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 08:02:55 pm »
*Originally Posted by AZBob [+]
The RF-1200's holes are indeed large enough to fit the larger 20s speakers, you just have to play with the orientation of the speakers a little bit. If need be, you can actually cut the speaker pocket plastic. I have an RF-1200 with my 20s installed in it.

so the phone piece that clicks over the top of the speaker holes was still able to click into place with the speaker in?

greygoose

Offline Mikestrophy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 10:08:27 pm »
Hi AZBOB,

Re your SENA 20S, are you using it through the Trophy SE system ? If so does it work ok ? I bought a SENA 10S and have the sound cutting in and out.

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 11:18:22 pm »
*Originally Posted by Mikestrophy [+]
Hi AZBOB,

Re your SENA 20S, are you using it through the Trophy SE system ? If so does it work ok ? I bought a SENA 10S and have the sound cutting in and out.
i think it on a case by case basis from what i'm reading. If thats the case, i'm just going to go sena to phone, and sena to zumo and just have to can the idea of trying to get things working correctly through the trophy. i like the idea of the handlebar controls, but if the thing is cutting in and out, what the point!!!!..

Greygoose

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 11:19:28 pm »
so the phone piece that clicks over the top of the speaker holes was still able to click into place with the speaker in?

greygoose

phone = Foam......sorry about that

Greygoose

Offline AZBob

• Trophy Master
  • Wubalubadubdub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 12:02:21 am »
phone = Foam......sorry about that

Greygoose

Oh, ha, I was wondering what you meant... the foam pieces are only for use when you're not using speakers; they are not meant to be replaced if you have speakers in the pockets. IIRC the Shoei helmet instruction booklet mentions this. There is no speaker size made that could accommodate both a speaker and the foam since the foam completely fills the speaker pocket space and they do not separate from the piece they are attached to.
2013 Honda CB1100

Offline AZBob

• Trophy Master
  • Wubalubadubdub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 12:03:49 am »
*Originally Posted by Mikestrophy [+]
Hi AZBOB,

Yes, I have the Trophy's audio system connected to my 20s. It cuts out occasionally for a moment -- nothing that I wouldn't expect based on environment interference.
2013 Honda CB1100

tweedy-bunch