Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trophy coil problems  (Read 1349 times)

Offline TunaTrophy

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 02Trophy
  • City / Town: Maine
Trophy coil problems
« on: May 02, 2016, 12:15:31 am »
So I'm a new to me Trophy owner, not new to triumphs. Previously owned bonnevilles and a Thruxton . Really pleased so far on board the Trophy but have had issues with fuel starvation and tachometer readings , come to find out this could be a problem with coils. So just ordered two new coils thru Nology Hotwire. I'll let you know the results

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Trophy coil problems
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 02:03:27 am »
If this is a previous generation of Trophy you may not find as much help here as you need.  This forum is dedicated to the new Trophy 1200, and only a few of us have had experience with the previous generation.  My 21013 Trophy is my first Triumph, but someone else here may have some info.  There is another Triumph forum that does have a section for the earlier Trophies.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 03:40:40 am »
*Originally Posted by TunaTrophy [+]
So I'm a new to me Trophy owner, not new to triumphs. Previously owned bonnevilles and a Thruxton . Really pleased so far on board the Trophy but have had issues with fuel starvation and tachometer readings , come to find out this could be a problem with coils. So just ordered two new coils thru Nology Hotwire. I'll let you know the results
Which year bike?  This forum is mainly for the 2013 on, Triumph Trophy SE.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 08:39:23 am »
Hi TunaTrophy,

Just noticed your ride is an "02Trophy".

As others have already poinbted out, this Forum is dedicated to
the "new" Trophy model ( 2012 onwards ), although everyone is welcome here,
and discussions on Triumph Models other than the "new" Trophy
can ( and should - to avoid any confusion ) be held in this Section : "On Two Wheels - Bikers Chat"

There is also another Forum dedicated to the previous Trophy Model,
that you might find more helpful if you Google "triumphrat.net/trophy 3 & 4"  :028:

tweedy-bunch