Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sena 20s with iphone Siri hands free  (Read 3755 times)

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 trophy se
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
Sena 20s with iphone Siri hands free
« on: May 08, 2016, 03:25:37 am »
Recently dropped the dollars on the sena 20's. My hope was that i could use siri and the new "hey siri" functions on my iphone 5s to maximize my hands free usage of a system like this. I currently have the sena 20s bluetoothed to the bike and the iphone bluetoothed to the bike. i have an iphone mount on the bike with a power source  to the iphone (which is required to activate the "hey siri" function.

Heres my findings. It all works great as long as your not moving with the wired mic. I'd be interested in hearing from someone who has tried this function with the other mics that come with the 20's to see if it makes a difference. I'm able to activate siri by holding the iphone main button and hear it through the sena, but giving it commands at any speeds over about 20 mph gives less than stellar results. I was even able to activate the "hey siri" function at a dead stop, but could not get "hey siri" to work at all at any speed. Siri was just too disturbed by the wind noise to make it usefull when moving.

I have not tried:

bluetooth the sena directly to the iphone or tried one of the other mics to see if i could get this functionality to work on the go. So if anyone else has given this a try, i'd love to hear from them. The "hey siri" function can really be awesome since your able to place calls, text, email, etc without moving your hands from the controls.

Any other hands free pioneers out there with this setup that have results to report?

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Sena 20s with iphone Siri hands free
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 11:27:30 am »
Addendum to previous post...

The " hey Siri"  functionality does not work with the following connection.

Mobile phone paired to bike
Bike paired to sena

You can hold the button down to activate Siri and give it commands , but activating Siri through " hey Siri " does not get passed through.

Greygoose

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Sena 20s with iphone Siri hands free
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 05:17:52 am »
You can hold the button down on the phone to activate Siri and give it commands , but activating Siri through " hey Siri " does not get passed through. you can also press the phone button one time to activate siri on the 20s.

Greygoose

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update from Admin in 2020:

My understanding is that this is not possible with the 20S as it does not have the required hardware in place. SENA seems to say that you need the 50S or 50R for that functionality.

tweedy-bunch