Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 30k KM and love my Trophy  (Read 2106 times)

Offline ColinM

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Toronto
30k KM and love my Trophy
« on: May 16, 2016, 03:41:03 pm »
Been a while since I posted so, I've had my 2014 Trophy now since end of July 2014 , and yes I got the faster blue one. So last year and the end of the year before I have put on 30k including a 10,000 KM trip to Southern U.S. in 10 days (2up), I replaced the tires at the end of July last year.

Still love this bike as much as the 1st day I rode it. Except for the battery draining because of the music system when I first got it I have had no trouble with it at all.  I love taking the box and paniers off and just zooming around the winding roads. So responsive.

It still makes heads turn and the compliments never stop - nice bike.

Yes I dropped the f'ing  thing.. grrrrr, last spring when I backed it out of the garage for the 1st time that year I put the kickstand down in the driveway but it was in a bit of a rut and when I got off it just fell over.. Grrrrrrr.

Colin

Offline Mike2411

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Black 2016 TTSE
  • City / Town: Ojai
Re: 30k KM and love my Trophy
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 08:12:12 pm »
*Originally Posted by ColinM [+]
Been a while since I posted so, I've had my 2014 Trophy now since end of July 2014 , and yes I got the faster blue one. So last year and the end of the year before I have put on 30k including a 10,000 KM trip to Southern U.S. in 10 days (2up), I replaced the tires at the end of July last year.

Still love this bike as much as the 1st day I rode it. Except for the battery draining because of the music system when I first got it I have had no trouble with it at all.  I love taking the box and paniers off and just zooming around the winding roads. So responsive.

It still makes heads turn and the compliments never stop - nice bike.

Yes I dropped the f'ing  thing.. grrrrr, last spring when I backed it out of the garage for the 1st time that year I put the kickstand down in the driveway but it was in a bit of a rut and when I got off it just fell over.. Grrrrrrr.

Colin

Hey Colin, hate when that happens! I have a 2012 Concours and I dropped it in a parking lot...so painful to watch! I'm anal about keeping my bike clean, washing it every weekend, so that hurt! :012:

I am going to the local shop here in So. Cal on Friday to test ride a new Concours and Trophy back-to-back so I can choose one and eliminate the other as my choice for a new bike which I will be buying between now and the end-of-the-year. These are going to be lengthy test rides...like 'get lost in the hills' kind of test rides :156:!

It's great to hear/read about people who bought a bike like the Trophy and love it as much as the day they bought it...says a lot! I'm looking forward to Friday and getting the rides in so I can finally make the decision. So far it's been all Concours on one day and all Trophy the next...been unable to go one direction so Friday should help!

Offline Gbruen

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Deauville
  • City / Town: Nashville
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 11:02:25 pm »
Hey Mike,

Let us know the outcome of the test rides. I have yet to make my purchase but it will also be between the C14 and TTSE.

Offline Mike2411

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Black 2016 TTSE
  • City / Town: Ojai
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 11:11:34 pm »
*Originally Posted by Gbruen [+]
Hey Mike,

Let us know the outcome of the test rides. I have yet to make my purchase but it will also be between the C14 and TTSE.

Starting a new thread in a few moments...stand by!

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 06:45:47 am »
Done about the same distance on my Trophy too and like you I LOVE this bike!

Of all the bikes I have ridden Honda CG125 > Kawasaki GPZ600 > Kawasaki ZX10 > Triumph Daytona 1200 > Kawasaki ZX12R > BMW K1200S > Triumph Trophy SE it outshines them all.

It's not the fastest, or the sharpest handling, or the best looking. But riding it is a joy, it for me feels effortless other than those moments where I might push it round a car park.

For me it is certainly fast and responsive enough, it handles in a way that inspires confidence and surprises a few sport rides out there, it looks impressive, it's well equipped, exceptional value for money and just laps up the miles!

I tend to own a bike.long term but on my Trophy I have done done twice the miles of my last 2 bikes in half the time of ownership which says a lot in my opinion. With the Trophy, even with the option of a car, if it is threatening rain or freezing cold I will still often choose the Trophy. That was not the case with previous bikes.

I wish Triumph would do more to market the bike, but perhaps it is deliberate. Perhaps capacity wise they can only build so many with all the other models they make, it is a smallish company after all. I love the exclusivity it brings and those constant questions wherever I park up. What is it? Who makes that? Tell me about it. Parking up is often a 5-20 minute affair! I just hope and pray they keep developing this bike to its ultimate.

When a truly impartial write up happens the journalists come to the same conclusion the Trophy rocks! And that in its first generation (this time round). To beat the king, the R1200RT which has been in development for so long with a much bigger budget says masses.

Keep on doing what you're doing Triumph!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 06:48:21 am by cropbiker »
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch