Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Zumo 660 will not pair with device 2  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 trophy se
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
Zumo 660 will not pair with device 2
« on: May 17, 2016, 08:42:46 am »
Has anyone sucessfully paired a zumo 660 with device 2 on the trophy?

I cannot get this to work. the trophy simply does not show up on zumo pairing screen for me to select. has anyone got this to work?

thanks

greygoose

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Zumo 660 will not pair with device 2
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 07:11:25 pm »
*Originally Posted by Greygoose [+]
Has anyone sucessfully paired a zumo 660 with device 2 on the trophy?

I cannot get this to work. the trophy simply does not show up on zumo pairing screen for me to select. has anyone got this to work?

thanks

greygoose

hard to believe i got no hits on this post. Has anyone successfully bluetoothed a GPS to the trophy device 2 setting?

Greygoose

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 07:16:34 pm »
Sorry.... I can't help... my Garmin is paired to my phone and to my Autocom unit. I don't use the bike bluetooth at all.

I did try it in the early days of ownership but I couldn't ever get it to work right everythime and spent lots of time pairing and unpairing it.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 07:25:21 pm »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]
Sorry.... I can't help... my Garmin is paired to my phone and to my Autocom unit. I don't use the bike bluetooth at all.

I did try it in the early days of ownership but I couldn't ever get it to work right everythime and spent lots of time pairing and unpairing it.

I find it interesting that the bike doesn't even find the device during the pairing process. its one thing if it cant pair, its a whole nother ballgame when it can even fine the device. Thats why i posted to the forum. There is no reason that i could come up with for why the trophy would be unable to locate a device that was sending out a pairing signal..

Greygoose

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 07:28:57 pm »
I did manage to pair it to my 660 and my current 595 but it didn't seem to like to hold it and every 3rd or 4th time I came back to the bike to start it the pairing was gone
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline N3zat

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
  • City / Town: SE Pa.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 10:17:54 pm »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]

My only thought on that would be if you are hard wired gps to bike that may make the difference  my phone paired to gps ,  gps paired to sena, second pairing sena 20s to device 2 it all works.
N3ZAT

Offline Greygoose

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 10:56:09 pm »
*Originally Posted by N3zat [+]
My only thought on that would be if you are hard wired gps to bike that may make the difference  my phone paired to gps ,  gps paired to sena, second pairing sena 20s to device 2 it all works.

I fugured out a way to make this all work without using device 2, but it sure would be alot easier if the gps would link to device 2.

i pair my phone to sena
i pair my bike to sena (using second mobile phone pairing)
I pair my gps to sena (using second mobile phone pairing)

I only use two of these devices at one time, so it all works the way i like. But when i plan on using the phone and gps, i have to make sure they are connected to the sena first before turning on the bike. easy enough to do, but just another something to consider. if it could pair the zumo to device 2, i could:

pair phone to sena
pair gps to bike
pair bike to sena

then just mix and match. i just think its crazy that the zumo does even show up in the pairing when you try to pair with device 2. I just makes no sense. every other device i get near that bike shows up in the pairing menu.

Greygoose

Online ZShyster

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Elmhurst, Illinois
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 02:44:57 am »
If your Zumo is wired to the bike, it is my understanding that you do not pair the zumo to anything if you are going to use the bike's bluetooth.  You pair your phone to one channel and your helmet to the other.

I use a different system, but that is my recollection when I used the bike's bluetooth.

ZShyster