* Recent New Topics

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Pillion Seat Cowl?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline FLTRI

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Road Glide Ultr
  • City / Town: Las Vegas, NV
Pillion Seat Cowl?
« on: May 18, 2016, 06:40:55 pm »
Has anyone done one? Maybe modified one from another bike, to fit the Trophy? I'm guessing it would have to be custom made, as a Google search came up empty for a manufactured one...

TIA
I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you there ain't nothing in the world I hate worse than that elephant under my ass.

Officer John Wintergreen reference his Electra Glide. -Electra Glide in Blue, 1973-

Offline Burnsy

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 1215
  • City / Town: Peterlee
Re: Pillion Seat Cowl?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 06:35:58 pm »
*Originally Posted by FLTRI [+]
Has anyone done one? Maybe modified one from another bike, to fit the Trophy? I'm guessing it would have to be custom made, as a Google search came up empty for a manufactured one...

TIA
   Search out a member on this forum called thickbrit, he made one for his bike. I would forward you the conversation I had with him a few months back but do not know how to
Dave Burns

Offline Burnsy

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 1215
  • City / Town: Peterlee
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 06:38:46 pm »
I copied and pasted this, hope it works
It's off an off-road BMW650 I understand. I have a hatred of top boxes unless Mrs is with me. I usually ride solo and live on the bike during the week, so I try to optimise capacity and avoid putting it all at the back and up high.
Ebay find for £20. They are usually for Honda, Yamaha or BMW emergency services bikes.
Fitted mine on a flat alloy plate I cut to follow the subframe.
Front locates in the helmet hooks and the back has a staple to mimic the rear seat lock. Whole unit lifts off with the key like the rear seat.
There's a 150mm square hole in the plate so I can get through to the under seat storage.
Mine isn't an SE so I utilised the connector for the rear Hella socket so I have power inside the unit for phone etc.
It holds roughly the same as a top box but you can't get a bike helmet in it. It will hold a hard hat, boots and tools easily.
Hope that helps.
Dave Burns

Offline FLTRI

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Road Glide Ultr
  • City / Town: Las Vegas, NV
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 06:45:49 pm »
Thanks Man!

I found him, and a pic of it in his gallery. Just what I was looking for!

Dan
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:00:17 pm by FLTRI »
I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you there ain't nothing in the world I hate worse than that elephant under my ass.

Officer John Wintergreen reference his Electra Glide. -Electra Glide in Blue, 1973-

Offline CecilSaxon

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE~ SOLD
  • City / Town: Middle TN