Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Greetings from Sunny Suffolk  (Read 2199 times)

Offline andrswal

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Ipswich
Greetings from Sunny Suffolk
« on: May 20, 2016, 10:32:41 am »
Hi there I am a new forum member, unfortunately my time with the Trophy (mine's a 14 plate) hasnít been a good one yet, on bringing it back from Stafford I noticed severe juddering and my local dealership confirmed I have warped disc brakes.  Despite the fact that the bikes only got 3,700 miles on it and was around 2 weeks out of warranty we canít get Triumph to answer our requests for a good will warranty let alone respond in a positive manner!

So I am stuck with a new toy and nowhere to go!  Pity I prefer to buy British (I drive a Disco 4) this is my first foray into buying a British bike but looks like I shall return to the Japanese competitors in the near futureÖ

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Greetings from Sunny Suffolk
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 01:20:24 pm »
Here's hoping that Triumph solves your problem.  A few other issues have been handled after expiration of the warranty for some members here.  Not sure if this will be any help, but try cleaning the bobbins and check the disc(s) for brake pad residue that can bond to them in one spot from high heat and may cause it.  If mine starts to shudder slightly I can clean the bobbins and it goes away.  I don't let it get severe.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 01:22:48 pm »
Welcome to the forum,
I hope Triumph resolves your problems. It's such a great bike to ride!
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 01:47:01 pm »
Hi andrswal   :400: ,  as `trophied' suggests worth checking the free movement in the bobbins first, and  an easy fix    :028:.   If the problem remains  maybe you should contact the dealers where you recently bought it from to resolve the fix. 

( small bolt through bobbing with washer on rear,  pinch tight, spray with brake cleaner, initially    ease/turn  gently,  once moving  you can use hand drill to expedite process whilst spraying more cleaner, and watch the `crud' come out.... :017:   ) 

[smg id=1510]
[smg id=1511]
[smg id=1512]

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:03:51 pm by Stelyn »
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline andrswal

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 02:43:40 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions, perhaps I should have explained that the local Triumph dealer has inspected the bike and confirmed the discs are warped they are supposed to be chasing Triumph themselves but they seem strangely quiet as well!  They did say fine for local driving but donít take it at any speed so taking the bike back to the dealer 180 miles away where I bought it isnít feasible.

In fairness the local dealer did say they expected Triumph to agree, Triumph however didnít agree and asked for more info which the dealer should have sent them and at the same time I went onto their automated complaints system which automatically does nothingÖ

Offline andrswal

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 03:35:16 pm »
 :001: I have to take it all back, Triumph have just emailed me apologising for the delay (which they in part put to my local dealer) and confirming that they will cover the cost of the repairs.  Unfortunately the delaer cant get me in until the 17th June but after that I can start to see what you are all so enthusiastic about!

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 04:37:20 pm »
Hi andrswal,

Thanks for the update -

Good to hear that Triumph are going to sort this out for you,
albeit not quite as quickly as you would have liked !

Cheers  :821:

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 05:41:13 pm »
+1  - glad its sorted    :821:
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '