Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: The first 1000 miles  (Read 2352 times)

Offline crazyman

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Crystal Beach, FL
The first 1000 miles
« on: May 27, 2013, 12:37:06 PM »
I've had my Trophy SE for one week. I've ridden for three and a half days in that week. When I got home from riding last evening I had 1122 miles on the clock.

I've had the first service done. Break in riding is over with, so I had a chance to ride at my normal. WOW, this bike has a lot of power across the power band. 

I am adapting to the upright riding position. I did feel it in my lower back. That's just something I have to train myself to adjust to. Other than that, this bike fits me very very well.

The more I ride this bike, the more I love it !

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
Re: The first 1000 miles
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 01:05:34 PM »
WELCOME C-Man! by the way, what kind of seat pad is that? Is it comfortable in high heat days? -Thanks and enjoy it to the Max, -Dr Ron :158:
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline crazyman

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 01:24:57 PM »
Airhawk seat / cushion.  It has a number of air pockets that you can inflate / deflate to suit your comfort.  Expensive, but worth it.

http://www.airhawk.net/airhawk-products.aspx

Offline GPL95928

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 02:46:54 PM »
You got the correct color too, enjoy.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 04:59:03 PM »
It's interesting you mention the upright position. I've been riding a 955ST for years and am quite used to riding leaning forward.  When I ride the Trophy I, of course, sit upright and after a relatively short time my back and legs begin to hurt a bit.  Yet intuitively one would think that riding upright would be more comfortable.  I thought I was the only one whose back hurt. Has anyone else had this experience? 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 05:39:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
It's interesting you mention the upright position. I've been riding a 955ST for years and am quite used to riding leaning forward.  When I ride the Trophy I, of course, sit upright and after a relatively short time my back and legs begin to hurt a bit.  Yet intuitively one would think that riding upright would be more comfortable.  I thought I was the only one whose back hurt. Has anyone else had this experience?

I put a thread up about it previously. In essence, I get back ache intermittently. Something I never had on the CB1300.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline crazyman

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 06:27:39 PM »
I think the strain comes from not leaning forward a little.  I had similar issues when I rode cruisers.  I just have to condition myself to lean forward a bit and keep my back straight.

tweedy-bunch