Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: hugger fitting on SE  (Read 12346 times)

Offline demonbane

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: Stirling
hugger fitting on SE
« on: May 24, 2016, 08:06:02 pm »
Hello

Some have fitted the SE some haven't and we are not sure why.

We have choose to keep this on our listing to play it safe because of ebay and feedback etc

On some of the trophy forums there are feeds about our hugger and the SE if you wished to research this

Kind regards,

Powerbronze UK

ok , im after a definitive answer

any one had any issues fitting the hugger to a SE ?

seems that powerbronze does not want to commit to an answer , yet other sites (intobikes) sell the powerbronze hugger as fitting for an SE

at powerbronze, i hear what you say but is it really THAT hard to test it on an SE?

it fits or it does not fit..

thats the question and at £110 i would like an answer other than "it might" before parting with what could be a lemon for a bike it wont fit

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Re: hugger fitting on SE
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 08:35:56 pm »
I recently fitted one to mine, I did have some hassle with it though, maybe the metal bracket had gotten bent before it were packaged, I had to put it in a vice and use brute force to bend it a bit so that the underside didn't touch the tyre.

Offline takingiteasy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 08:45:04 pm »
I've fitted one and it went on OK with one exception. The arch of the two brackets that hold the hugger over the tyre was too shallow and the outer lip of the hugger slightly rubbed on the tyre. All I did was to 'straighten' the two brackets by hand a few degrees. It then fitted well and has been on the bike for about 18 months without problems. My only reservation is that I have  always fitted huggers my bikes and found them to help keep the bike clean. With my TTSE the and this particular hugger I am not that impressed with its performance and the back of the bike is not as clean as I anticipated. But this may be me expecting too much.

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 10:32:48 pm »
Do you ride with or without panniers? I've noticed that the inner side of them is still getting filthy but I expected that, it's the shock/swing arm that I bought it for.

Offline demonbane

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 10:37:13 pm »
ride with

from the sounds of the two postings, there is an issue with the brackets , and from your post sounds like it is not protecting the shock, which is the only reason i would fit one.

think i will go the shock tube route , theres far too many variables at play here

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 02:07:20 am »
I am going to make the decision even tougher  :001: I too had to bend the bracket a bit, but the hugger has been in place for two years and I am happy with the performance. It keeps the rear of my bike much cleaner since I put it on. The only issue is the part of the shock linkage that sits below the swingarm and I fashioned a small rubber guard and installed it on the swingarm with 3M body trim tape. Keeps that area much cleaner than it was before. Would I buy another one? Yes.

Offline demonbane

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 10:53:23 pm »
thanks for all the inputs

helped a lot in deciding, will fit one methinks but knowing it needs modding slightly helps a lot

Offline Diver

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 08:40:10 pm »
Just a word of warning with this hugger. I fitted one to my bike 15 months ago, today whilst out riding at about 60 mph,it decided to part company with the bike and almost took out my companion riding behind.

I'll try and post a picture of the support bar, but basically the long support bar that bolts to the brake calliper,  at the top end of that bar, it had rusted through and the upper support bracket had broken off.

I won't bother explaining it to Powerbronze as my previous questions regarding a screen were answered by the company's most arrogant and unhelpful baboon.

So just have a little check..