Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: hugger fitting on SE  (Read 6745 times)

Offline Philpat

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Holyhead
Re: hugger fitting on SE
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2019, 11:25:21 PM »
Mine failed as the others. Would not fit a replacement as extra weld does not fix the problem which I think is vibration snapping the bracket.

Puig make a hugger for the Explorer/Tiger which looks better made but even Puig can say if it will fit the Trophy even though it has the same shaft drive and wheel diameter. Anyone tried a Puig hugger?
Philpat

Offline Ray_B

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 SE (ex '13 SE)
  • City / Town: Central New Jersey
Tiger hugger different than Trophy
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2019, 05:26:15 PM »
The Tiger hugger does not fit the Trophy. The bracket is shaped different and the connecting arms do not cone close to aligning with the mount-points (Caliper bolts).
Ray

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fayetteville, GA
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2019, 02:58:43 AM »
Guess Powerbronze didn't follow up with a recall or produce a better quality product to replace their, apparently, defective product .
Probably because the Trophy is no longer in production but, since they never really followed up this issue, other than replacing the defective product with the same, makes me, personally, not too keen on looking at their other products....just sayin'. :084:

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2019, 10:48:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by Canes1 [+]
Guess Powerbronze didn't follow up with a recall or produce a better quality product to replace their, apparently, defective product .
Probably because the Trophy is no longer in production but, since they never really followed up this issue, other than replacing the defective product with the same, makes me, personally, not too keen on looking at their other products....just sayin'. :084:

I totally agree with you.

Dare I say it but if you search around the net you'll find comments from other motorcycle owners moaning about the fit and finish of various PB products.

Personally I've never been tempted by their products in the past, I only have first hand experience of this hugger.

tweedy-bunch