Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Anyone want to sell or trade their Comfort Rider seat?  (Read 3602 times)

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
  • Dont smoke, gamble or drink BUT I DO RIDE
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14 TTSE 86 GL1200
  • City / Town: Dunkirk, Md
Re: Anyone want to sell or trade their Comfort Rider seat?
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 01:19:09 pm »
He did not like the Russell day long saddle. He did like my Knotour seat though.  BUT that one is staying with me. I just let him test the seats I have on hand before spending money.
A nasty weather day riding is still better than any day working

Offline OHRider

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 TIGER XRx
  • City / Town: Warren, OH
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 01:44:06 pm »
PM sent
Al Navecky Jr
2016 TIGER XRx
2007 KLR
1973 BMW R75/5
1972 TC 90

Offline tabasco813

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg, VA
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 07:17:02 pm »
Kniterider, I ran into Lannis at a bike show in Richmond yesterday and was talking to him about his TTSE (2014, same color as ours).  He mentioned that he was thinking about ordering a Russell for his bike so I mentioned this post to him in case he wanted to think about trying/buying yours.  It was the easiest/safest way to get your contact info to him.  Hope you don't mind.

I priced the Kontours after liking yours so much but I am not quite ready to spend that kind of money yet.  I think I'll use my remaining dealer credits to get the factory Comfort seat for now and if I can scratch up the extra money later I will have the extra seat for Kontour to work from.

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 12:24:20 pm »
No problem.. I know after market seats AIN'T cheap Thats why I offered to let you test ride a couple before you jumped.  Thats also why i have several seats.    But my LD riding comfort is important.

Offline tabasco813

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 01:04:31 pm »
I do appreciate it!  It was great talking to you and getting that education on seats.  You are definitely "crazy" about the long distance rides and an authority on the subject!  I ordered the factory comfort seat last night with my remaining dealer credits and if that doesn't get the job done for me I'll start saving up for the Kontour.  I had never heard of that brand until I tried yours and I really liked it.  Thanks again.

Offline tabasco813

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 01:13:22 am »
The Comfort Rider seat arrived today.  I was surprised how much thicker it was than the Low Rider and how different the shapes were.  I've tried to attach pics for everyone's reference below, hope they come out.  The Comfort rider in the down position was still taller than the Low rider in the up position.  In addition it was much less of a "V" shape and it didn't tend to make you slide forward like the Low Rider does.  It's has a lot more cushion as well (as you'd expect).  I haven't put miles on it yet, but I think the Comfort Rider in the down position is a big improvement for me over the Low Rider in the up position.  When I get some miles on it I'll let you know. 

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2016, 03:06:07 pm »
Bottom line,,, Like I always told my students at the end of every MSF course.  DON'T go out and buy the biggest nastiest bike ,, Go shopping like you would for a great pair of comfortable walking or hiking shoes.   FIND what actually fits you and your style of riding,, ENDS up being a lot safer and much more enjoyable in the long run