Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Back to the dealer  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Back to the dealer
« on: May 31, 2016, 07:37:52 pm »
Well picked up the new Trophy last Friday and with less that 300 miles I was back at the dealers for 4hrs :138: :138:
Doing my checks this morning before going out for a ride on the last day of holiday I found that the left hand indicator wasn't working :172: F!!K
Thoughts of been here before :087:
The dealer fitted the sat nav for me FOC so not going to complain too much BUT they couldn't find a fault anywhere and had the bike in bits all over the workshop. Looking for a fault down the left side of the bike and scratching their head. They then spoke to Hinckley and where told to order a new set of clocks? I asked if went fitting the sat nav he had the clocks disconnected and he admitted that he had. Knowing problems that we've had I asked him to make sure that the connector blocks had been correctly fitted when re assembled. He assured me that they had but would check. Guess what after checking although NOT admitting that they where loose
the indicators worked when connected correctly again :046: :046:
If this is the only problem I have then so be it here's hoping :028: :028:
The dealers dropped every thing for me and showed nothing more than concern and did every thing in their power to get me mobile ASAP
Team Roberts top guys :028: :028: :028:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Back to the dealer
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 08:35:17 pm »
I started reading your post and thought "Oh $h1t" not again,
so I can only imagine what YOU must have been thinking !

( For those that don't know the History, Chaos bought one of the first Trophy's
which turned out to be a "Lemon".  Fortunately after some protracted negotiations
Triumph replaced the Lemon with a Peach ! - Is that a reasonable summarisation ? ).

I'm glad that it was something relatively simple which,
although it shouldn't have happened in the first place,
was sorted out relatively quickly !

The Trophy does not have a separate Indicator Relay,
it is integrated into the Instrument Pack,
so duff connections to the Instrument Pack would be a prime suspect  :169:

Cheers  :821:

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:38:04 pm by Coconut »

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 08:36:38 pm »
Glad it's fixed.  I wonder if it was the instruments or the wire to the handlebar switch?

Offline DaMonk45

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Houston
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 08:44:01 pm »
I do'nt want to throw stones but.....
It sounds like it was the dealers Tech who screwed up? It can and does happen, that I can accept.
It seems they went all out to correct the issue.

From that view they did exactly what they should have. So it was not all a bad deal, not the best for sure but. They at least got you on the road. Its the ones who screw it up and then are just to busy to work on it right now, come back next week that piss me off.

I am glad you got it taken care of.

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
  • Dont smoke, gamble or drink BUT I DO RIDE
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14 TTSE 86 GL1200
  • City / Town: Dunkirk, Md
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 01:32:38 pm »
Yes. The techs can be the main problem, quality control sucks.   When I( picked up my new 2014TTSE from the dealer, my wife noticed that my headlight looked "weird" on the way home.  It was still daylight when I picked it up but getting dark by the time I got home.  I realized I only had half of the headlight system working.
After digging around trying to see if I could replace the bad light , I realized that the connector was hanging loose.  Poor quality control!

A nasty weather day riding is still better than any day working

tweedy-bunch