Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Easy USB Device Charging  (Read 1566 times)

Offline PoconoTTSE

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Poconos
Easy USB Device Charging
« on: June 02, 2016, 01:44:22 pm »
I scanned (searched) around the forum and did not find this option - might be there - so consider this a refresher.  I had been looking for a way to primarily keep my phone charged (or any USB based charging device), which is center mounted on the console (previous post and pixs) that I use for Nav, weather, streaming music and the often ill-timed occasional actual phone call that I should take (read:wifey) through a synced bluetooth helmet.  There are already a few charging options on the Trophy of course, but they are located within closed compartments that w/o modification usually makes it difficult to route wiring. I knew there was an easier way, I also knew there were pig-tail/patch wires you could run directly to battery which was the direction I was headed in before finding the attached compact SAE 2-Pin (read: trickle charger lead) to USB adapter.  I have seen as cheap as $14 but for me and some timing constraints (read:Bennington VT & Americade)$17 with one day delivery out of Maryland also worked.  Hope this helps someone else!

Specs from MFG, including rated outputs:
-This USB charger of motorcycles provides 2.1A of power that is enough to power large cell phones such as Samsung Galaxy S6, Note 5 and iPhone 6S Plus.
-The manual switch stops battery power drain when the adapter is not in use (switch not visible in the stock photo attached, small slide switch on other side).
-Vibration proof USB and SAE connections stay in place, even when you ride. The precision fit connections ensure a power connection from your motorcycle to your smart phone.
-New & Improved: with polarity indicators. No over heating or short circuits will occur with this SAE 2 pin connector. It has internal componentry that ensures a safe and steady optimal power flow to your device.
-Charge any device that uses a USB connection to charge. Brand & product compatibility include, but is not exclusive to, Apple iPad Air 4 3 2 iPhone 6S 6S Plus 6 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S 4 3GS iPod, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 2 Note 5 4 3 2 S6 S5 S4 S3 S2, Motorola Droid Rarz Maxx, Nokia, HTC, Kindle Fire HD, Android/Blackberry/Windows Phones & Tablets, PSP, GPS, MP3/MP4, Cameras, Bluetooth Speakers/Headset, Battery Cases, Power Banks.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 01:49:49 pm by PoconoTTSE »

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Easy USB Device Charging
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 03:04:58 pm »
There is also a waterproof USB to SAE wire connector available from BurnsMoto (no affiliation, I just use their products), and waterproof charging cables in several configurations available from 3BR Powersports (again, no affiliation).  Both have very good quality products available for different applications, including trunk and tank bag power port options.  I do like the possibility of the nice compact connector you got in combination with a waterproof charging cable too.  Nice find!
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies