Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: SENA SMH10 and Bluetooth Question  (Read 7505 times)

Offline Mike2411

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Black 2016 TTSE
  • City / Town: Ojai
SENA SMH10 and Bluetooth Question
« on: June 03, 2016, 04:21:40 pm »
Hey everyone, I know I'm not the only one riding a Trophy that's using a SENA SMH10 comms on my helmet. I'm hoping someone can help me out with this one. I'll try and splain it best I can...

I have the SENA comms on my helmet. I have an Android phone. I have both connected to the bike. I can listen to music and answer incoming calls but I am unable to make calls...why?

When I was on the Concours I would connect the comms to my phone and if I wanted to make a call I would simply press the back button on the SENA, tell Google who I wanted to call and the call was placed.

Anyone here figure out how to set the system up so outgoing calls can be placed?

Thanks!

Mike

Offline Gar

• Trophy Pro
  • Rise up and live your life.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Blue TTSE
  • City / Town: Pincher Creek
Re: SENA SMH10 and Bluetooth Question
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 04:40:40 pm »
Coconut already replied to this exact same question. The Trophy simply does not have the dual blue tooth channels required to both receive and make calls. That's just the way it is. The only option to do that is to connect your phone directly to your SMH 10 and bypass the Trophy entirely. I've experimented with both configurations and prefer to have the SMH 10 and Phone linked through the bike just because this allows me to have access to all my music and audio books from my phone plus radio, XM, weather and GPS instructions (including any music or audio books I choose to put on my GPS) from my Trophy. Incoming calls work great and so the only disadvantage to this configuration is I can't make outgoing calls while on the go. I'm fine with that since when I'm riding I don't really want to be calling anyone anyway...I do get the occasional call when I'm riding so it is nice that at least incoming calls work well.  :002:
Yamaha 550 Vision, Ninja ZX1000R

Garanthor

Offline Mike2411

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 04:44:05 pm »
Thanks Gar! I'm fine with it too but was just wondering if I was missing something! I don't have the need to make many outgoing calls so I'm not worried about it and will enjoy it for what it does! I'm not about to bypass the Trophy system altogether for a few outgoing calls...nuh-uh...not gonna happen!

Offline Gar

• Trophy Pro
  • Rise up and live your life.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Blue TTSE
  • City / Town: Pincher Creek
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 04:48:51 pm »
Good call (no pun intended). I've researched all the configurations extensively (including using my hard wired Zummo 660 as an option) and that is the best way to go. The only other possibility would be to completely replace the Trophy Bluetooth system with a more modern 4.1 full dual channel system but that's just too much of a PITA (both in terms of cost and frustration) :010:. Enjoy  :152:
Yamaha 550 Vision, Ninja ZX1000R

Garanthor

Offline Mike2411

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 04:52:31 pm »
Yeah...not replacing anything! I am getting my GPS mount installed today and will have the Zumo 390LM and once it's installed I'm leaving it as is. Besides, I now have an excuse as to 'why' I couldn't call the wife while riding :745:!

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 10:07:17 pm »
Pair the helmet to the Trophy.  Pair the helmet to the phone (either way for either one, as phone and second phone pairing).  If you have audio books you can put them on a USB stick and plug it into the USB in the glove box.  You can control the audio on a phone through the Sena according to the manual, and I have inadvertantly activated phone music by accidentally pressing the wrong Sena button when I had my old Android.  No music on my new Anroid, don't need it.  I have a Ipod plugged into the USB port.  Hands free, all the Trophy audio and Ipod audio controlled on the handlebars, full voice command total phone operation -suits me.  If you have a nav hardwired into the Trophy you get that through the headset too.  Life is good.  Try that with the BMW system and some non BMW brand bluetooth equipment!  :028:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Mike2411

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 10:09:30 pm »
LOL...my buddy has the GTL1600 and all he does is gripe about the BMW comms setup...he hates it!

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 10:11:34 pm »
*Originally Posted by Mike2411 [+]
LOL...my buddy has the GTL1600 and all he does is gripe about the BMW comms setup...he hates it!

Been there wrestled with that!
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

tweedy-bunch