Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Instrument cluster  (Read 1788 times)

Offline takingiteasy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Cheltenham
Instrument cluster
« on: June 04, 2016, 07:39:43 pm »
I thought I should let you know what happened to my 2013 TTSE a few weeks ago just in case one of you have a similar problem. It was a unusually warm Sunday and I thought I would give the bike a spin. I had used it a few weeks previously at the Vulcan meet and the bike was running really well but not on that Sunday! When I turned on the ignition it was like being in Vagas nearly ever warning light possible was on with a big red ! blazing in the centre of the dash! After riding bikes for nearly 50 years, I knew this bike was not going to start and for sure it didn't. I couldn't find anything similar problem  on this forum so, my only option was to email my local dealer and await contact from them when they opened on Monday. Early Monday morning Chris the service manager from Performance Triumph of Cheltenham, called and we talked through the problem. He had already passed on my email to Triumph at Hinkley. We agreed that I would arrange for my bike taken by a breakdown truck to Chris and he would keep be advised. Work started on the Tuesday and after a few hours, Chris called me to say the instrument cluster had 'failed' and had to be replaced. The new parts we due the following day and his team would strip down my bike to be ready for the new part. It was ready midday Thursday and from the time my bike arrived late on Monday until I collected it on Thursday Chris would give me regular updates. When I collected my bike it all ready to go and when I discussed the bill, Chris, smiled and said, ' this is the best type of Bill, as Triumph have paid for all of the work and parts', what a surprise! Bikes will fail from time to time and my experience of my previous bike a 1200 RT would testify, it frequently broke down and not a hint of support from BMW. However the service I received from Performance Triumph and also Triumph England, was exemplary. I hope you don't have the same problem but if you do, I hope you have the same first class customer service as me.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Instrument cluster
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 08:39:15 pm »
That is a great testimonial.... Problems happen but getting it sorted in such an exemplary fashion is all anyone could ask for.

I can confirm the guys at Preformance Triumph Cheltenham are ace being my dealership too!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 09:15:00 pm by cropbiker »
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 08:56:49 pm »
takingiteasy,

That is very impressive - thanks for sharing  :028:

Of course, we all hope that problems like that ever happen, ad thhey shouldn't,
but a big  :152: to Triumph for sorting out so quickly and at no cost  :047:

Offline Ebenezer

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 TT Lunar Silver
  • City / Town: Apeldoorn
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 10:01:52 pm »
However the service I received from Performance Triumph and also Triumph England, was exemplary. I hope you don't have the same problem but if you do, I hope you have the same first class customer service as me.
Report post to moderator     Logged

Well, my bike's problem was much less complicated, but I had a somewhat similar nice experience with the service of a Triumph dealer and the parts-service of Triumph. During a tour along the river Rhine last Sunday, gear changing became difficult. I noticed the fluid-level in the hydraulic system of the clutch had dropped dramatically. I called nearby Triumph-dealer Stefan Kümpel (SK Bikes) from Bad Kreuznach on Monday morning for help. They said they could have a look but were unable to supply the suspect clutch cylinder before Wednesday because of a Spring bank holiday in the UK. So I towed the bike to the dealers on Tuesday and they ordered a replacement part. Next day at five I could collect the bike without any cost thanks to the two-years guaranty.

Henk

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE Blue
  • City / Town: Dallas TX
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 01:15:06 am »
I like the 2 year warranty with unlimited mileage and the way Triumph comes to its customers aid.
IBA # 59602
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophy's

tweedy-bunch