Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Triumph Tankbag?  (Read 9015 times)

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
Re: Triumph Tankbag?
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2016, 12:47:25 AM »
I'm satisfied with the Triumph bag.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline RocketSteve

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE & Boss Hoss
  • City / Town: Bideford
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2017, 06:10:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bludy L [+]
I'm satisfied with the Triumph bag.

Yep, that's really helpful to Hans. I'm sure that's just what he needs to hear  :460:
To test a man's character, give him (horse) power.

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2017, 06:48:39 PM »
i have the factory tank bag. but it appears to big for carry on luggage and since it is a hard bag i can't squeeze it down.
this is why i'm looking for other bag that is smaller and able to use as carry on.

*Originally Posted by RocketSteve [+]
Yep, that's really helpful to Hans. I'm sure that's just what he needs to hear  :460:

Offline RocketSteve

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE & Boss Hoss
  • City / Town: Bideford
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2017, 07:11:13 PM »
The best way to further this BF02 ring is compare with any other Triumph model that uses the same filler cap...
To test a man's character, give him (horse) power.

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 03:36:29 AM »
the BF02 ring fits as per bolt line up, but because the Trophy tank filler is recessed by about 3/8" you will need to make a shim and mod the supplied rings so the gas cap will open. Still have to try filling the tank yet. Not sure if i have to do more mods yet.
You will all so need 4mmx50mm bolts.

Offline karl

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hampden, MA
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2017, 03:08:25 AM »
The supply of tank bags both aftermarket and factory are getting thin on the ground.  Saw the one Bludy L had on his bike and it seemed to check most of the boxes that interest me.  I hinted to my eldest that it would be a nice Christmas gift.  Then was cheeky enough to send her a link of what looked like a good deal on e bay from a dealer.  I like having a place to keep stuff ready to hand when underway.  Looking forward to trying the new setup out.  :169:
The Beast

Offline SprintST1050

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Charlotte, NC
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2017, 06:58:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by RocketSteve [+]
I also have the OEM tankbag but don't like it.

Bought the Givi Xstream 20lt which has all the things the OEM hasn't got - including a waterproof lead hole. :002:

Looks much like the optional large Triumph Tank Bag made available for the last generation Sprint STs.  Just completed my first trip on my Trophy, 300 odd miles, using all of the factory bags and inner bags.  No issues but a seat bag like offered on the Sprint ST would have been helpful.  Images of all three taken in one of my grandchildren's guest bedroom which doubles as a 'catch all' storage room when they aren't visiting.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 07:01:06 PM by SprintST1050 »

Offline karl

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hampden, MA
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2017, 04:03:19 AM »
Luggage is a good thing.  I have hauled a lot of gear I never used.  Getting your packing list to a point you are comfortable with is a key to success I believe.  Good gear is a good value typically but like the TTSE there are some bargains out there.   I managed to power up my last bikes tankbag for little money and great results.  my stuff didn't get wet and I rode through some frog stranglers.  Looking forward to getting this in my hands.
The Beast