Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Convince Me!  (Read 4401 times)

Offline Jono70

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Suzuki V-Strom 650
  • City / Town: Chester-le-Street
Convince Me!
« on: June 09, 2016, 12:21:38 pm »
Greetings All from an exiled Southerner living in the beautiful North East of England  :821:

I currently ride a Suzuki V-Strom 650 (the "Glee" model) which is a fine motorcycle for what it is (like a friendly Labrador really) but not suited for two-up touring (especially with two heavyweights like me and the missus!); now she's put her own two-wheeled aspirations on hold for the time being we want something fast and comfortable to get us around locally and long distance (we're big fans of Scotland and she's German so we also want to do more of the Fatherland on two wheels rather than four).

I've been looking mainly at RTs and FJRs but somehow find the RT a bit bland and whilst I've test-ridden the FJR and love its storming motor, I can't quite fall in love with it. I had almost forgotten about the Trophy until recently - when was the last time you saw one in a magazine or MCN group test??? But am finding myself drawn towards it. Many years ago I had a T595 and still miss its glorious triple so the engine would be a big draw (as would cruise control, heated seats and all the other toys). I plan to do a bit of tyre-kicking over the next couple of weekends so over to you guys and gals to go ahead and convince me I need one!  :152:

Offline RPDATA

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Whitby, ON
Re: Convince Me!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 12:30:23 pm »
Don't worry, the Trophy will convince you all on its own! Take one out, and game over. Welcome aboard  :046:

Rob

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 12:35:04 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

We don't need to convince you of anything, take a test ride.

I'm told it's a magic bike.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 12:56:24 pm »
Hi Jono,

welcome to the forum :400:

As everyone says, the test ride will pretty much convince you but before you get to that look at threads like this

Pros and cons

I love this bike

Are you happy

Kevin
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline lemuriano

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Jacksonville, Fl
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 02:15:08 pm »
As far a the riding goes, the TTSE won't need any help from the forum to convince you after you ride it.

But in regards to two up and it's massive 526 lb of payload,, I can add my 2 cents.

After 40k miles in 1½ years riding two up and with camping gear and some unwanted extra weight, I can say that this bike have no equal.

a) In terms of room and comfort for two up the Trophy is just perfect.
b) Luggage space is fantastic even with camping gear.
c) Hard braking, while going two up and fully loaded is remarkably stable.
d) Handling in the twisties is simply awesome.

Long story short, we are having FUN!!

An apprentice in life, perhaps with the spirit of a Café Racer
IBA #60953

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 02:38:51 pm »
Hi Jono70, welcome to the forum  :400:   a test ride on the `TT' will leave you smitten,  just remember to take your wallet for the deposit....... :821:
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline DaMonk45

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Houston
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 03:10:41 pm »
First Welcome to the Forum  :401:

Second, the Triumph Triple has been called a lot of things but bland has never been one of them
When you take your test ride make sure you are ready to trade.

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 06:11:00 pm »
Welcome aboard  :821: Had the opportunity to ride the 650 V-Strom threek weeks ago during our Corsica Tour: a very pleasant and nimble mid size machine but the Trophy does not play in the same league. As suggested take a test ride that will be the most convincing experience :046:
An old biker must be a good rider