Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Getting really hot in Louisianna....windshields  (Read 7588 times)

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Trophy, 06 Tiger
  • City / Town: Gretna, LA
Getting really hot in Louisianna....windshields
« on: June 11, 2016, 01:30:20 am »
At times the humid air/lack of breeze makes riding a real burden.   My friend rides an RT.   He felt the same way.   He recently purchased a Cee Bailey and said the airflow is much better.   Has anyone purchased a windshield that would assist in air flow.....?  I already have mesh jacket and pants that are built specifically for hot and humid weather.   I refuse to ride without my PPE (personal protective equipment).  So, I am already behind the power curve - I understand that.    Thanks BC
Big Country

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
Re: Getting really hot in Louisianna....windshields
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 01:51:18 am »
I bought the Cee Bailey touring screen.  The sides have a notch that allows more air to my shoulders vents.  That helps a lot.
Next week I'm riding to Baker Air Wings to see what the have that will allow me to direct air towards the seat.
Good Luck
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

Offline Xsv

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE, 2017 BMW
  • City / Town: Washington State
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 05:14:38 pm »
Azgman has reported on his cee bailey's sport shield.  I have one on order and will post after I try it out.

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Trophy, 06 Tiger
  • City / Town: Gretna, LA
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 02:30:33 am »
Awesome,  thanks guys. 
Big Country

Offline traveler46

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Iowa
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 02:55:32 am »
Changing windshields did not help much for me. What seems to be most of the heat problem for me is the warm air coming from the radiator exit vents on the side of the fairing. I'm going to look into the Baker air wings as a way to throw the warm air somewhere else other than on me. Had the same issue on my Gold Wings but I never got around to doing anything about it.

Offline AZBob

• Trophy Master
  • Wubalubadubdub!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Chandler, AZ
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 04:19:59 pm »
*Originally Posted by traveler46 [+]
Changing windshields did not help much for me. What seems to be most of the heat problem for me is the warm air coming from the radiator exit vents on the side of the fairing. I'm going to look into the Baker air wings as a way to throw the warm air somewhere else other than on me. Had the same issue on my Gold Wings but I never got around to doing anything about it.

That... is odd. I feel almost nothing coming from those vents, especially if I'm moving at all, even when I'm just waring jeans. Do you wear boots? Where do you feel this heat?

To answer the OP: I have the Cee Bailey's sport screen in dark smoke. I went across the desert last Saturday from Phoenix to Laguna Hills, CA in 119*F and it permitted plenty of airflow to my vented jacket with the screen in the lowest position.
2014 Triumph Trophy 1200 SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Offline twowheeladdict

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy se
  • City / Town: Tennessee
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 01:11:13 am »
I have a naked bike for the summer.  The Trophy provides too much weather protection for those that wear gear in the deep south.

Offline traveler46

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Iowa
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 01:37:07 am »
*Originally Posted by AZBob [+]
That... is odd. I feel almost nothing coming from those vents, especially if I'm moving at all, even when I'm just waring jeans. Do you wear boots? Where do you feel this heat?

To answer the OP: I have the Cee Bailey's sport screen in dark smoke. I went across the desert last Saturday from Phoenix to Laguna Hills, CA in 119*F and it permitted plenty of airflow to my vented jacket with the screen in the lowest position.
I wear jeans and boots 100% of my time riding. The warmer air coming from the radiator seems to updraft to my lower body which was the same on the Gold Wings and Concours 14. Its not hot, just warmer than the surrounding air around me which makes things a little less comfortable above 90 degrees. On the other hand, the TTSE is much more pleasant to ride in cool/cold weather than my K1600.