Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hi from SoCal  (Read 2785 times)

Offline ibpete

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Chula Vista
Hi from SoCal
« on: May 29, 2013, 04:17:18 PM »
I just bought a very slightly used Trophy SE Monday 5/27/13. I am just getting around to reading the owner's manual. Other than my brief 15 mile test ride and a short ride to the store yesterday I haven't tested it out. We picked it up in LA and my son rode it the 200 miles back to San Diego.

I have been riding for 50+ years. This bike is replacing my 2000 K1200LT that I completely used up. It had 160K miles, 2 Iron Butt Rallies, a multitude of smaller rallies, and many IBA certification rides. I needed to get something smaller and I hope the Trophy fills the need and serves me as well.

I am retired now and have a hobby of making custom accessories for the Long Distance/Sport Touring community. I am looking forward to ripping into the Trophy and getting it set up for my long distance needs.

My plans for the bike include a Russel DayLong saddle, aux lighting, maybe HID conversion depending on how good the stock lighting is (the LT sucked), and definitely an aux fuel tank (I've had one for years and have been really spoiled having a 480+ mile range), and, of course, getting all my electronics connected.

I'd welcome any tips or tricks on working on this bike. Pointers to threads on how to take it apart would be very welcome.

Let me know what other information I can provide and thanks for having me.
__
Mike Langford [aka IB Pete] IBA#341
I really hate it when I commit to running a yellow light and the guy in front of me chickens out.
Mike Langford [aka IB Pete] IBA#341
I really hate it when I commit to running a yellow light and the guy in front of me chickens out.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Hi from SoCal
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 04:18:33 PM »
Welcome to the Forum.  I'm sure the Trophy will meet your every need. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline louis-charles

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE bleu
  • City / Town: Charleroi
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 04:19:05 PM »
 :400: :400: :400:
It is better to lose one minute of his life that to be killed in one minute...

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 04:53:09 PM »
 :401: Dude  :401:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline crazyman

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Crystal Beach, FL
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 05:07:52 PM »
 :401:

Offline GPL95928

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 12:52:40 AM »
Hello from Palm Desert, wanna meet at the Hideaway someday, I too am retired and can ride most any day.

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 01:11:23 PM »
Welcome older and very experienced Moto-Brother.....LOL :008:   I have a few thoughts on Lighting: PIAA 1100 LEDs on the front brake calipers, PIAA ULTRABRIGHT, burns your eyeballs out replacement bulbs (H7s)...If you're interested in Highway pegs: From R&G -> order only the right and left side "Welded Assembly" and the "Spanner Bar" along with the nuts and bolts indicated for mounting to the bike's frame....then you can weld up and powder coat a simple pair of brackets that you can use to custom fit any brand of highway pegs you'd like to employ! (Unless, of course, you really want the entire R&G protection kit, which I think is too expensive and not that effective yet -they bend too easily even in a low speed spill!)...If you're interested in accessory horns: I suggest you pick up a pair of High/Low Tone Fiamm Highway Blasters: Cheap, small, electric ( not air) and very effective...you can mount them inside the fairing and in series with the EOM horn and have 3 tones for the price of 2! Can't wait to see your progress! Keep us poseted.  :400: -Dr Ron
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline DrTizz

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 05:10:28 AM »
Welcome aboard from slightly north of your VERY So Cal...
<><><>
"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science...it is an opinion"  --This means you, CNN!

2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2010 Kawasaki Versys

tweedy-bunch