Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Touring around Washington, Olympic Peninsula etc  (Read 1071 times)

Offline triumphwes

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Federal Way, WA
Touring around Washington, Olympic Peninsula etc
« on: May 31, 2016, 02:12:34 pm »
EDIT 12/06/16 :
The following posts have been moved to this New Topic,
having originally been posted in a Topic discussing Broken Lower Windshield arms.
Trophy Moderator
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Originally Posted by 2slowTrophy [+]
The non rainy side. I have friends in Redmond and Orting the rainy side I hope July will be nice.
Good luck with your new windshield , you know it's just the start but with just a few things out there for the Trophy it's a short list of needs or wants.
I had a rock hit my OEM windshield it left a little spot with a small spider crack so I got the larger OEM windshield it really stops the bugs.

July is a good time to come up here ( Western side).  If you haven't yet, take a side ride on the Olympic Peninsula.  It's good riding.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 05:34:26 pm by Trophy Moderator »
'14 Trophy SE, Pacific Blue
'57 HD Frankenstein project
'67 Matchless G15CS

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE Blue
  • City / Town: Dallas TX
Re: Re: Broken Lower Windshield Arms (Picts)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 02:56:59 pm »
*Originally Posted by triumphwes [+]
July is a good time to come up here ( Western side).  If you haven't yet, take a side ride on the Olympic Peninsula.  It's good riding.

I'm looking at Mount St. Helens area , I have not been there yet.
I have done some backpacking in the Hoh Rain forest a few years ago and a few years before that I was backpacking around Mount Rainier.
The Gifford Pinchot National Forest around roads were my concern and we are looking doing some camping and a short hike on the Pacific Coast Trail.
IBA # 59602
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophy's

Offline r1pete

• Trophy Pro
  • 24 years of "Cage Free" living and still unmelted
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Idaho High Desert
Re: Re: Broken Lower Windshield Arms (Picts)
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 12:49:28 pm »
Another really beautiful area and great roads for riding is at the Blue mountains up in N.E. Oregon and into Idaho and Washington, we rode up and stayed for a week and using a rental cabin as a home base. We are really lucky here in the PNW to have the riding areas that rival any other area for the cooler temps, awesome roads, really friendly locals and beauty that is unmatched and variety few can approach.
Here in Idaho, there is a pretty good % of m/c to car during the "season" and as a result there are many motorcycle-centric things to due state wide.
The Olympic peninsula is an area that we have not yet been to, but it is on my list for later in the year, or summer of 17 if we don't get to it this year.
Have fun and be safe!
Motorcycles in my garage currently:
2016 Triumph Trophy SE, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2014 Suzuki Vstrom 1K Adv

Now looking for something new for summer play.

tweedy-bunch