Scrivet Dimensions by smash
[Today at 06:23:54 pm]

No idle no start by Coconut
[Today at 06:01:44 pm]

Triumph Accessory Installation Instructions by Saddle Tramp
[Today at 05:19:10 pm]

Road Trip Advice by trophied
[Today at 04:11:21 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Yee Haa!  (Read 1837 times)

Offline RocketSteve

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE & Boss Hoss
  • City / Town: Bideford
Yee Haa!
« on: June 15, 2016, 10:05:33 am »
Out for a bimble across Exmoor a few sunny days ago and hit upon a weird Roller-Coaster section of road which turned the bike into a mild Bucking Bronco.
I've found the occasional bump and pothole to effect the ultra light throttle resulting in unintentional throttling up or down which isn't good, anyway, I though I'd play with the TES button [Comfort/Normal/Sport] and found the Comfort setting was partially to blame so it's now set on Normal.
Since then I've dampened the throttle with rubber in between the Bar-end and throttle grip which seems to have done the trick :002:
To test a man's character, give him (horse) power.

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
Re: Yee Haa!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 04:53:46 pm »
One of the 'gimmicks' on the TTSE I've grown to love is TES damping mode!  It always pays on a lumpy bumpy road to play with the settings to get the best ride.  Use it all the time.
Agree, the throttle resistance could be a bit higher to mimic a normal bike.  I've grown used to it I guess..
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC
2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES ( in the mail )...

Offline Mike2411

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Black 2016 TTSE
  • City / Town: Ojai
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 03:01:02 am »
Not me, not used to it yet! The C14 had a much heavier throttle so I still get the 'lunges' when accelerating. The throttle on the TTSE is really light! I like it but am still working on getting used to it. Not bad being my only complaint so far :028:...oh, and the wind/weather protection. It's so good it's HOT on summer days! There, 2 complaints so far  :038:.

Offline plgoddard

• Trophy Pro
  • IBA #61353
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Detroit
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 01:17:38 am »
I'd like to say it was when I first got my Trophy, but it was actually earlier this year...

Since I usually ride like a middle-aged guy with a family to go home to at the end of the day, it was fairly unusual for me to hit it hot and heavy right outa 1st. It wasn't pinned, but it was probly near 10k rpm when I power shifted into 2nd -- and rather than providing the usual blip, I twisted what I thought would be just a little further and shifted. --AAaaand I nearly lost the bike out from under me.  :005: Of course the pull only accentuated my twisting grip and she flew up to near highway speeds in what felt like half a second.

Now this was probably more due to my not appreciating the power of this beast than it was a function of a light throttle, but I have indeed noticed that it doesn't take much wrist at all to get this beast to seriously scoot.

Be careful out there.

tweedy-bunch