Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Bluetooth Backwards Compatibility 4.2 to 2.1+EDR ?  (Read 4029 times)

Offline Jughead

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE
  • City / Town: Blue Ridge, TX
Bluetooth Backwards Compatibility 4.2 to 2.1+EDR ?
« on: June 20, 2016, 04:54:25 pm »
This might be a dumb question, but I am not bluetooth savvy at all, yet.  But will a new setup that is version 4.2 connect with our TTSE 2.1+EDR version? 
I am looking to put a Uclear AMP rig on my helmet to be able to answer my phone while riding.  My iphone 6s is 4.2 by default so I fear it won't connect to the bike's bluetooth anyway.

Also has anyone looked at the Bilt Bluetooth helmets DWO 4 system?  It's a version 3 so the same concerns of compatibility to 4.2 and 2.1 are still in question.

Another one of the founding members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Bluetooth Backwards Compatibility 4.2 to 2.1+EDR ?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 06:45:43 pm »
I have never tried anything other than my Sena SMH10 with mine, but a number of forum members have the latest bluetooth (4.+) connected to the Trophy with good results.  Some specific bluetooth systems/models have had issues pairing to the Trophy, but with the Sena's it has been a firmware solution that Sena has just recently solved.  Your phone shouldn't be an issue, but you won't be able to make outgoing calls by voice command with it paired to the Trophy since cannot accept input from your mic into the audio system.  You should be able to answer OK.  If your U Clear can pair to 2 devices a better option would be to pair the phone to your headset, and pair the headset to the Trophy as headset 1, then you can have the Trophy audio and have voice activation for the phone to make and receive calls.  It does take some trial and error to find out what works best for you.  Some U Clear users on the forum may be able to help you more, or you can try to find a FAQ on the U Clear website that will answer your questions.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline towersk

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy Launch
  • City / Town: Granger IN
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 02:23:56 pm »
I have no luck with my UClear HB@2000 staying connected to my Trophy.  It will connect up and with the audio system for only a few seconds at time, and not much help from their customer support.

My Nolan N-Com works flawlessly with the bike.
Cheers,
Ken

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 12:55:40 pm »
interride does exactly the same.    I wondered if it was squelch as I got that issue with the ipod plugged into the trophy.  So I upped the record volumes but it made no difference.  I read somewhere else about it possibly being the VOX But I cannot see a place to turn it off yet?  the interride does work when connected directly (over bluetooth) to the ipod so currently I don't use the trophy bluetooth.

Offline Jughead

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE
  • City / Town: Blue Ridge, TX
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 01:13:44 am »
Hey Trophied thanks for the info.  I picked up a SMH10 dual pack for me and the wife.  Charging them up and going to pair them up tonight.  Did you have to do the firmware update right out of the box? 

I am lookin forward to not having a wire from my cell to my phone in my pocket to listen to jams while riding and being able to answer the phone!
Another one of the founding members of the Twisted Trophies

tweedy-bunch