Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trip to Ireland  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Trip to Ireland
« on: May 30, 2013, 06:32:24 pm »
Hi All
Just posted a few pictures from my Ireland trip back in March.
We set off early from Yorkshire to get the ferry port in Holyhead,dark and damp and very un eventful but it had to be done. The crossing 2.5 hours and very calm thankfully ( the wife don't do boats  :005: ). From Dublin across to Westport was also a great ride as the weather was like a mid summer's day, dry and warm also very sunny.
We got a B&B in Westport and made this our base camp for the five days we stayed in this beautiful country.  The west coast of Ireland is a stunning part of the world and well worth a visit. The riding was great and the walking another favourite pastime was as good as the riding. The weather held out for the most of the time mostly sunny and dry while we were there.
The trip home however totally a different matter  :005: Gale force winds woke me up a 5am on the day we were departing  :005: Watching the weather on the news a little later the snow was coming to England. All the way home the wind was horrendous Ireland,Wales & over the Pennines. Both of us frozen through ( shacking like a dog parting with  chicken bones  :745: ) but dare not stop as the snow was coming  :087:. Arriving home after the last three hours in the dark and worst wind I can remember riding in? We were just closing the garage doors and the snow started  :190:. Now I not religious but someone was looking down on us that day as the next day we were well and truly snowed in.
This trip was one of the best and worst I've ever completed. It also showed me that this is in no doubt the best bike I've owned. But in the heavy cross winds
all I can say is "JESUS"  :005: :005: What a handful.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: Trip to Ireland
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 08:28:04 pm »
Glad you are back safe Chaos. This forum wouldn't be the same without you.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 08:45:40 pm »
Glad you are back safe.  Looks like a good trip and as always it was coming back that was a problem?

Offline Trophy 59

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE, XV750 Bobber
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 01:17:12 pm »
Can't stop giggling at your ride report Chaos. I envy you the ride over there, but not the weather.  I saw few clouds today, remarkable.
Don't grow up, it's a trap...