Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: heat from clutch cover  (Read 2467 times)

Offline briandca

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy
  • City / Town: The villages Fl
heat from clutch cover
« on: June 22, 2016, 02:37:10 am »
I am new to the trophy 2015 and I am getting a lot of heat from the clutch cover.  My right ankle get so hot I have to move off the foot peg  I have even changed to a double layer boot.  Is this heat normal I hope not? Your advice would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Offline DaMonk45

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Houston
Re: heat from clutch cover
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 09:18:42 am »
How many miles on your bike?

Offline nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 12:10:04 pm »
I have 2013, 28,000 miles. I just rode 30 miles to work, most over 50 -60mph back roads, with 10 miles on the interstate at 78mph, then 3 miles in town to the shop. Ambient temperature about 63. Shut off engine, wait 5 minutes, can hold hand on clutch cover with out removing. So, maybe about 140 degrees. Is your crankcase low on oil?

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 16 Moto Guzzi Griso
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 01:20:08 pm »
I'm also in Florida, I haven't experienced any abnormal heat from either side of the bike other than what bikes normally exhibit. My older Thunderbird is worse.

Offline OK_Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Enid, OK
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 01:47:29 pm »
I would echo what was said above that there is some heat but it is not excessive imo.  It is over 100 degrees here and I have not noticed the engine heat being any worse than usual.

Offline briandca

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 03:29:25 pm »
Thanks for the replies  I do use sync  oil as I have on my last 2 bikes 2009 V Star 1300 and 2012 Goldwing. I will check the oil level again.  I only have 3500 miles on the bike and the dealer did the 500 mile service.  this bike is great for my old 70 year body.  I did add soupy lowering links and they have worked great.

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 03:23:38 am »
Is the heat coming from the clutch cover or is it radiating back from the engine bay to the clutch cover? There are several foam and/or plastic barriers under the body panels that block or direct heat from the rider. Could it be that one of these has been moved or removed and is allowing heat to make its way to the clutch cover area. these little panels don't look like much and it would be easy to dismiss them as nothing special, but they really do serve a purpose and they do their job quite well when properly aligned.

Offline briandca

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 02:12:11 pm »
Thanks I will check

tweedy-bunch