Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: TPMS warning and a damn good thing to  (Read 1587 times)

Offline gtgt2112

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: Manchester
TPMS warning and a damn good thing to
« on: June 23, 2016, 04:36:32 pm »
Heading round the M60 and the red warning light came on for low rear tyre pressure.
Is it a real puncture or a glitch, no it's not a glitch down to 35 psi in the couple of minutes i was debating the issue.
Off at next slip road a couple of miles and into a garage.

Without TPMS the first sign would have been as the tyre became too deflated to to be any use and it would be a hard shoulder recovery
with TPMS the option to get off the motorway and into a garage.

Tyre plugged and inflated and back home to order new tyres, hey ho it's only money.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy se
  • City / Town: Tennessee
Re: TPMS warning and a damn good thing to
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 05:23:12 pm »
*Originally Posted by gtgt2112 [+]
Heading round the M60 and the red warning light came on for low rear tyre pressure.
Is it a real puncture or a glitch, no it's not a glitch down to 35 psi in the couple of minutes i was debating the issue.
Off at next slip road a couple of miles and into a garage.

Without TPMS the first sign would have been as the tyre became too deflated to to be any use and it would be a hard shoulder recovery
with TPMS the option to get off the motorway and into a garage.

Tyre plugged and inflated and back home to order new tyres, hey ho it's only money.

We need a Like feature.  I too am sold on TPMS.  Thinking about adding to all my bikes with the app on my smart phone.  $99 for a pair of sensors. 

tweedy-bunch