Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Aftermarket top case woes  (Read 3620 times)

Offline Bubbaslye

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumphy TROPHY
  • City / Town: Charleston
Aftermarket top case woes
« on: May 30, 2013, 08:39:52 PM »
In previous posts I've talked about wanting to get  GIVI top case for the TROPHY; first, I like the design better than the stock trunk; second, I very much like the option of additonal brake lighting.

In DAYTONA this past March, the folks at the GIVI tent said to look for a specific application for the TROPHY by late
May or early June; yesterday, with hopes high, I called the Triumph dealer in Charlotte NC ( also a GIVI dealer );
the parts fella there said he would check with GIVI and call me back.

Thirty minutes later he was as good as his word; he said he spoke to the folks at GIVI and was told that there
were NO plans to produce "fitment" for our particular model. 

I guess, therefore, I'm on my own; I can buy  a GIVI top case, but its actually working with our bike is an open question.

Drat!  Here's where a degree in metallurgy would come in handy, but I wasted my time studying liberal arts -- guess I'll go back to looking at the wide variety of "soft" tail bags out there.

Offline DVP

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
  • City / Town: Bradford
Re: Aftermarket top case woes
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 09:45:40 PM »
Hi Bubbaslye,
Thanks for the info. I was talking to Givi uk last week and they said there might be a kit out by the end of June but was not sure. I was going to fit the trekker 52 lt with a rack on top as I am going to Denmark in August so need the extra luggage space. Will hang on as long as possible but if not will have to get the Triumph top box.           :027:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 10:10:14 PM »
Lighting isn't a big issue for me but if it is a deal breaker for you why not just get a lighting kit?  I've never looked for the Trophy but I do know there are aftermarket manufacturers for other models. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 11:13:19 PM »
Check out CooCase. They have a variety of sizes and styles with aux lighting. Their included mounting bracket worked beautifully on my 2013 Lunar Silver TTSE and includes a motion detector alarm and electric remote control lid-lock as well. See pics in the General Chat blog under the string entitled: "hard cases on or off" and choose wisely my moto-brother! :017:  -Dr Ron
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:15:10 PM by Trumpetman13 »
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline GPL95928

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 05:02:05 AM »
CooCase looks cool, can't find a mounting option for our bike.

Offline jebess

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Atlanta, GA
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 05:27:58 PM »
I wrote a comment on Givi's Facebook page and got a quick response-

"Hy jef! So sorry but we studied many other bikes!so for the Trophy we had some delay! so need to wait at least the middle of the next summer."

I was certainly disappointed, to say the least. But I ordered the E250 generic mount and an E55, which should be here by week's end, and I will post pics as soon as it is on the bike.

Also, check out Twistedthrottle.com for the AdMore Lighting products.  They offer a very easy to install kit that adds amber turn signals to the case, along with the standard red run/brake red LED's.