Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: National Road Rally 2016  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Brian Ross

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Léger Magnazeix
National Road Rally 2016
« on: July 03, 2016, 08:30:37 am »
Thoroughly good day out yesterday. Bike was perfect throughout (made a very pleasant change from 2 years ago when we had to cancel when the BMW's electrics failed again...). Incredibly lucky with the weather. "Suffered" about 3 minutes of rain in total, in 3 separate showers, but rode on some very wet roads which had clearly been poured on not long before we arrived. Finished at Worcester at 21:20, having done the Daytime Rally (280 miles in under 10 hours and 12 controls visited). Kudos to the silver Trophy owner we met there who was doing the full event and had another 10 hours to go. Hope he finished safely and is enjoying a good rest today.

Just to confirm to him, despite his claims, the blue is obviously faster than the silver because we reached Worcester first  :046: (we don't need logic to keep that debate going!).
Brian

Offline Stumpyone

• Trophy Pro
  • One life.....live it
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2013
  • City / Town: Havant
Re: National Road Rally 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 01:53:20 pm »
Hi Brian,

ha ha good man and glad you guys had a good rally. Great to meet you both.

I and the guys I was riding with had a very good rally - I won it, other guys came 2nd, 10th and 23rd so a great result. The Guy who came 10th has now bought a trophy (the even slower one - Black) so a very successful rally for Triumph on the whole!!!

Looking forward to next years to defend the title!!

Mark
TTSE 2017... Blue - the new Red!!!
CBF1000
Vmax
FJ1200
Maxim 650

Offline Brian Ross

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Léger Magnazeix
Re: National Road Rally 2016
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 11:27:11 pm »
I saw your score on the results page, but it didn't say if low numbers won, or high numbers. I assumed as the low numbers were shown first you probably won. Great to have confirmation. Really well done. Now just imagine how much better you would have done if you had been riding a blue one :-)
Brian

tweedy-bunch