Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Tank Bag  (Read 5785 times)

Offline Stelvio12

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Seattle
Tank Bag
« on: July 05, 2016, 08:53:34 pm »
Is anyone using the Touratec tank bag that is said to be designed specifically for the Trophy? Reviews? Ratings?

Offline azccj

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Glendale, AZ
Re: Tank Bag
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 10:07:48 pm »
I don't know why you would want to go with that thing, which over 2 1/2 times as expensive as the one from Triumph, which fits perfectly on the bike and is just as large as the Touratec bag :112:. Touratec then has the nerve to ask an additional $28.70 for the rain cover :033:.....really. Touratec $386.20 + $28.70 or Triumph which comes with the rain cover and map holder for $150.00 :084:, seems like an easy decision to me. When I bought mine from the dealer during their Christmas sale I got 20% off, so it cost me $120.00.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 10:24:39 pm by azccj »
Current Bikes
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2013 Burgman 650
2005 BMW K1200LT
2004 BMW R1150RT

Offline Lannis

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Appomattox, Virginia
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 10:45:02 pm »
Everyone else seems to be looking for big, efficient tank bags, which is fine ...

... but for me, there's already plenty of motorcycle and plastic in front of me, I don't want any more.

But I WOULD like something like a map case that would hold a one-sheet map.   The shape of the tank makes it difficult, but maybe there's a solution out there ... ?

Lannis

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 12:06:46 am »
As with most accessories for the Trophy, check the dealer first!  If Triumph makes the item it will fit properly and usually costs much less than other accessory companies' products.  One of the things to love about Triumph - affordability!  :028:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 10:31:40 am »
Well I ordered a Touratech tank bag and love it!

I ordered the Tank Rucksack Ambato Pure for Triumph Trophy (part no: 6235802) and paid £147.43 delivered.

https://shop.touratech.co.uk/tank-bag-ambato-pure-for-triumph-trophy.html

From this link looks like the price wend down.

I like all the pockets and loops inside.  The map case is very useful too, and even without the map case there is a usable clear window.  I sometimes stick a hydration bladder inside for drinks on the move.

Fit is good, never bothered with rain cover and not noticed a problem with wet inside, it does get damp in there on a very wet day.

All in all very happy with it and looks good on my black bike, especially with the matching tail pack as I do not like the super huge top box.

Just my $0.02.

Love, light and kindness,

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 10:44:12 am »
Stelvio12, I also did a farkle video which shows the tank bag, here:

Love, light and kindness,

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline Luckycharms

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Pennsylvania
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 06:27:29 pm »
I picked up my Trophy new in 13' and there was basically nothing available for the bike when brand new so I bought the Triumph one. Big, heavy, bulky, zero organization, stupid map pocket, hated it.

When I saw the Touratech one - http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3553/PN-623-5800/Expandable-Touring-Tank-Bag-Triumph-Trophy
I bought it immediately and sold the Triumph one and I don't regret my decision for a second.

Is it expensive? Sure but I don't buy things based off price. I identify whatever needs I have for a given product, pick the product that best fits those needs, and then save money until I have enough for that product. That's different then most people who are usually looking for value vs price. I'm looking for value vs features.

It's all in what you want out of your tankbag. Only you can determine what you value.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE Lunar Silver
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 (gone)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (gone)

Offline Ebenezer

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 TT Lunar Silver
  • City / Town: Apeldoorn
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 08:16:54 pm »
I fully agree with all of the reasons why GarminDave and Luckycharms are happy with their Touratech tank bag. Another reason for me is that it easily fits into one of the sidecases while parking somewhere. Helmet in one sidecase, tank bag int the other (plus some extra stuff) and the rest in the topcase. AFAIK the Touratech tank bag weighs less when using it as a bag.
Henk
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 08:20:33 pm by Ebenezer »