Wind screen shenanigans by digital
[Today at 09:13:08 PM]

Michelin PR4 GT Tyre life. by Wilko
[Today at 09:07:53 PM]

Will My 2017 TTSE Have Any Value by earthman
[Today at 08:09:25 PM]

How dumb can I get?!!! by rpeters549
[Today at 06:05:32 PM]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Top Box Running Light/Interior Light Install Kits  (Read 1508 times)

Offline AZBob

• Trophy Master
  • Wubalubadubdub!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Chandler, AZ
Top Box Running Light/Interior Light Install Kits
« on: July 07, 2016, 06:46:40 PM »
In the introduction for the HOW TO, I mentioned that I have some solutions to make this project easier for those interested that either don't have the time, patience, or skill required for some of the more delicate parts of this modification. I am prepared to offer three levels of ready-made kits for people to purchase and install themselves. I am not a business, just an enthusiast. As such, if interest is high, I will start doing the kits, but keep in mind that I have two small children (both under 2) at home and I can only do these things in my spare time.

Regardless of which kit one decides they may want though, you'll have to drill several holes, run the wiring harness into the box, as well as run the harness to the luggage carrier on the bike, and if you want to install the interior light, cut a hole for that light. At this time I am only gauging interest -- if you're interested in having me put together one of these packages for you, PM me. I'll update the thread with a post that indicates the direction forward.

These prices are sans shipping, which would be a separate charge.

Complete Package - $325 (+$35 core charge)

I can build the interior light for you, wire everything together with the correct connectors and everything, all that you will have to do is 1) Connect the plugs to the tail light plugs, 2) Connect the power wire to the battery, 3) Install the wiring harness in the luggage carrier much the same way you did the OEM one (you'll send me the one you remove, at which time I'll refund the core charge), and then modify your top case as mentioned previously with regard to drilling holes and cutting the hole for the interior light. Package contents:

• 6-LED interior dome light for Triumph OEM top box
  • 4-wire sub-harness for the luggage carrier
  • 5-wire taillight plug'n play tap + power cable to battery with integrated fuse + voltage step-down circuit for single-wire taillight, terminated with the appropriate connector
  • Mercury switch with connectors for interior light
  • Topbox harness with connectors for mercury switch and running/brake light (the ground wire will have to be connected to the splice off the existing ground wire)
  • Radiantz running/tail light with appropriate connector
  • All necessary hardware

Running/Brake Light ONLY - $250 (+$35 core charge)

If you don't want to bother with the interior light, but want to install the running/brake light, this will get you everything you need (including the light) and you won't have to cut any of your bike's wiring or build any connectors. You will still need to drill three holes int he top box, solder a wire, and run the harness up into the box, as well as run the harness for the bike side. As with the prior package, after you run the bike-side harness, you send me back the stock female connector and I refund you the $35. Package contents:

• 5-wire taillight plug'n play tap + voltage step-down circuit for single-wire taillight, terminated with the appropriate connector
  • Topbox harness with connector for running/brake light (the ground wire will have to be connected to the splice off the existing ground wire)
  • Radiantz running/tail light with appropriate connector

Harness Plug'n Play Kit- $165 (+$35 core charge)

If you're fine with some minor wiring, this kit will keep you from having to cut into your bike's wiring for the taillight tap, and will provide the four wire harness for the luggage carrier so you don't need to build the weatherproof connectors, as well as integrating the running/brake light single wire circuit. You will have to do the wiring for the mercury switch (if required), and the running/brake light in the top box yourself. Package contents:

• 5-wire taillight plug'n play tap + power cable to battery with integrated fuse (optional) + voltage step-down circuit for single-wire taillight, terminated with the appropriate connector
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:20:52 PM by AZBob »
2014 Triumph Trophy 1200 SE
2013 Honda CB1100

tweedy-bunch