Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Buying used  (Read 3506 times)

Offline Stonker

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Explorer 1200
  • City / Town: Maidstone
Buying used
« on: July 09, 2016, 12:09:51 pm »
I'm considering selling my Goldwing and sizing down a little to a TT.  Looking at used prices and the fact that the bike has hardly changed since launch, I'm tempted to go used.  If I do that, any ideas on what I should look for?  Should I look for an early one or avoid those that had engine mods?  Wasn't there a minor update?  When was that and are there many differences?  (I understand the switchgear was changed?)

Thanks

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Buying used
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 12:31:27 pm »
The only real visible difference apart from the introduction of Phantom black is the extended cruise control switchgear which makes the switches easier to reach.Other than that... pretty much unchanged which makes you realise how good they got it first time!

Get the VIN No and put it in here Recall Checker to ensure any recalls and updates have been done.

A few people have reported warped front disks so check for those. Some coolant leaks where radiator hose clamps have come a bit loose. Not much else to look out for really. Happy hunting, hope you find a good deal! :152:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 01:53:08 pm »
The good thing about finding a nice used one is that it may already be partially or totally farkled for you. :028:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Stonker

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 12:51:04 pm »
Thanks.  It won't be for a few weeks yet, maybe even next year.  I just hardly ever ride 2 up and really don't need the mass of the Goldwing.

Offline rvbobby

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Raleigh nc
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 02:25:13 pm »
I bought used with 7000 miles on it and saved $6000. Very happy with it.

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 05:26:42 pm »
*Originally Posted by Stonker [+]
I'm considering selling my Goldwing and sizing down a little to a TT. 

Hi Stonker, if your still looking for a new or used `TT',  might be worth checking out the Dealership down at Hastings, who  have excellent after sales service  :028:  ( my local dealers are nearby at Ashford,  but travelling the extra miles is imo,  worth it)    I know of other `Kent' owners who share the same view.    :821:
                                            http://triumph.jsgedge.co.uk/   

( I have no connection with this franchise )
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline Stonker

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 09:47:38 pm »
Yes, lot's recommend gedge.  I have been to the Honda place but never the Triumph.  I have an Explorer and a R3 that I bought from Romford.

Offline sunrunner

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: leduc
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 10:44:09 pm »
I had been looking at the new ones for sometime but couldn't justify 20500 dollars

A 2014 with under 12000 km came up that was complete with powered trunk gps and go pro mounts etc for under 15000. I grabbed it and no regrets riding it through the mountains is a magical experience the more I ride it the more I like it

tweedy-bunch