Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: RT or Trophy for longer legged riders  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Deerslayer

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: DL 1000 V strom
  • City / Town: Calgary
RT or Trophy for longer legged riders
« on: July 10, 2016, 03:14:38 am »
I'm 6'2" + with 36" inseam.
I don't feel like I sit too low on either but haven't ridden either long distances.

Just ur thots.
Thanks again.

Offline lemuriano

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Jacksonville, Fl
Re: RT or Trophy for longer legged riders
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 03:27:28 am »
On the Trophy if you use the comfort seat in the high position you should be fine, specially if beads or similar are used. But worst case scenario, in addition to the comfort seat just add the lowered pegs.

In my opinion the Trophy is roomier compare to the RT.
An apprentice in life, perhaps with the spirit of a Café Racer
IBA #60953

Offline OK_Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Enid, OK
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 03:37:50 am »
Agree. I am 6'3" with a 36-38 inseam and with the lowered pegs, the Trophy is fine.  I rode the BWM and did not think it was comfortable at all.

Offline Lannis

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Appomattox, Virginia
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 03:53:13 am »
*Originally Posted by Deerslayer [+]
I'm 6'2" + with 36" inseam.
I don't feel like I sit too low on either but haven't ridden either long distances.

Just ur thots.
Thanks again.

Personal comfort is SUCH a subjective thing with motorcycles.   Me, for example, I can't sit in the "cruiser" position that so many people seem to find comfortable.

I'm 6'2", 32" inseam, and I have the "lowered" Triumph seat in the "high position" with a Bead-Rider top and lowered "Knight Designs" footpegs, and it's now ideal for me ....

Lannis

Offline Byrdock

• Trophy Member
  • Byrdock
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Angier,NC
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 03:58:38 am »
I'm 6'2" with 36" inseam and have no problems riding with tall heated seat in standard setting and factory pegs.

Offline fred_jb

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2015
  • City / Town: Loughborough
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 12:04:41 pm »
Might be worth having a look on www.cycle-ergo.com as that will show how bent hips and knees are for any bike and rider as you can enter your height and inseam.  If you load two or more bikes into it you can transition between them with the wheel on your mouse and can see one morph into the next which gives you a good idea of the relative posture each one imposes.

For what it's worth this indicates that for for me (6'1" and 31" leg) both the pre-2014 and post-2014 BMW RTs are slightly more roomy than the Trophy, with the older of the two RTs being the best.  For me the older RT gives a knee angle of 88 degrees and hip angle of 88 degrees and forward lean of 3 degrees compared to the Trophy which has me more bent up at  82 degrees and 83 degrees, but with a forward lean of 0 degrees.  I still find the Trophy perfectly comfortable though.

Fred
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 12:09:31 pm by fred_jb »
"We are so small between the stars, so large against the sky." Leonard Cohen c1967

tweedy-bunch