Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Question on SE spec  (Read 1810 times)

Offline fred_jb

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2015
  • City / Town: Loughborough
Question on SE spec
« on: July 11, 2016, 11:00:32 am »
I'm a new member here having just bought a 2015 TTSE.   I did look at the Triumph website to get an idea of the value for money versus buying new, but was a bit puzzled by the information.    I'm pretty sure that when I first looked into this some time ago there were two models, the SE and the non-SE.   I also seem to remember that the SE variant had a great deal of the stuff off the optional accessories list included as standard.  I can't remember what the list price for the SE was back then, but I've got a feeling it was around £15k.

I know that Triumph have now dropped the non-SE, but does anyone know if they have changed the spec of the SE model?   It is now listed at £13.5k, but appears to have very few additions to the old non-SE spec other than the ESA and audio system.  Everything else now seems to be an optional accessory.  Does anyone know if the current SE is a different spec to the old one, or am I just mis-remembering it?

Fred
"We are so small between the stars, so large against the sky." Leonard Cohen c1967

Offline tdragger

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg
Re: Question on SE spec
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 01:43:51 pm »
The US spec may be a bit different but we also get the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) included as well.
-------------------------------------
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #609 (formerly 42146)

Offline fred_jb

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 01:54:15 pm »
*Originally Posted by tdragger [+]
The US spec may be a bit different but we also get the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) included as well.
Yes - you are right.  TPMS is included in the current SE spec, though it is also listed as an accessory.

Fred
"We are so small between the stars, so large against the sky." Leonard Cohen c1967

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 02:25:02 pm »
Have a look at this Old Topic :
Trophy or Trophy SE ?

At my Reply #12 there is a comparison chart of the two models.

I can't confirm if the current SE Model still has all those features
as Standard, but I believe it does !

Cheers  :821:

« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 05:22:16 pm by Coconut »

Offline fred_jb

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 03:47:03 pm »
Thanks Coconut.

That confirms that the SE price used to be £14,599 and that the bike included TES and TPMS.  I guess it also included Audio, though this is only confirmed indirectly by the fact that the display is stated to show the audio system information. There is no indication that any of the other accessories like heated seats and grips, top box, etc, used to be included as standard on the SE, and it seems they still aren't, so it looks like the price reduction to £13.5k is a genuine like for like reduction.

I was interested in the prices just to be sure that my secondhand 2015 model was good value.  It has pretty much every listed accessory fitted so it looks like it would come to nearly £15k if bought new today, so I guess I should be fairly happy with the £10k price.

Fred
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 03:51:55 pm by fred_jb »

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 04:00:02 pm »
The SE model includes ( and always has included ) the audio system.

Heated grips, heated seats and the top box have never been included on the standard SE model,
but they were included on the very first "Launch model" of the SE.

The switch for the heated grips is present on all models as standard,
it's just the grips that aren't included.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 05:21:53 pm by Coconut »

tweedy-bunch