Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: letter to triumph  (Read 3547 times)

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
letter to triumph
« on: June 01, 2013, 01:56:21 pm »
as you know, you can receive phone calls, but you can send phone calls, or having the agenda of the phone on the bike.
What you think if we spread the idea of ​​sending a joint letter to triumph England, for a software upgrade to implement the call option can send phone calls bluetooth THROUGH the bike and to download the agenda of the phone to the bike.
we could exlicar this idea in the forums Americans, British, French, Spanish ......

Offline GPL95928

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: letter to triumph
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 02:00:36 pm »
I for one have no interest in telephoning while riding. For me the prime consideration while riding is getting way from it all. Good idea however, good luck.

The software update I'd like to see is the ability to change the tire pressure warning parameters. I'd prefer to run a tad lower pressure, my dealer agrees.

Offline kgerry

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 02:58:45 pm »
bluetooth is designed to answer a call on the fly, not initiate calls or go scrolling thru your phonebook while flying down the highway... very unsafe to take your attention off the road....

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 03:57:23 pm »
kgerry - With you on that one  :028:

My Phone has Bluetooth - I don't connect it up when riding though.  :033:

I don't want my attention being distracted by taking a phone call while riding, and risk an "incident". 

I can check my phone for Missed calls after I have arrived at my destination in total safety  :169:

I don't think I have ever received a phone call that was SO urgent that it couldn't wait for an hour or two ....  :084:

.... and on reaching the destination if the call really WAS that urgent,
e.g. calling me back home or somewhere, then it's a bonus as I get to ride the bike a bit longer  :001:

« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 11:08:15 pm by Coconut »

Offline coneye

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 03:59:20 pm »
 Each to there own , , I had a blueant   thingmebob , i could answer calls , make calls through the gps , and talk to the wife , through the intercom ,,, First time out with it on , and the missis  riding along , and i hear a ,,,,,,, Oh look at that ,,,, look at what i say ,,, that cow its lay down ,,,,  Err  yeh thats what they do ,,,  then we better turn round  and go tell the farmer it might be dead ,,,

I turned it off  said its broke  and its still in the draw now ,,,  The phone  gets turned off  and when i stop for a break or  petrol , if i'm curious  i turn it on and see if theres any missed calls .... Bike time is my time .

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 05:53:15 pm »
While I understand what some members say about preferring not to speak on the phone while riding I can't agree that doing so can always wait.  I have had at least two emergency calls involving family and one involving the family dog while riding. In each instance I was glad I could immediately turn around and head home.  I do agree riding time is not chatting time!
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Trumpet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 02:03:40 am »
I would like to have a TV access on the TT display panel just in case I am ever on the road during American Idol
If I had money I wouldn't be on this board now
I wanna be Hefner's roommate
I trade ignorance and youth for old age anytime

Offline GPL95928

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 03:24:31 am »
*Originally Posted by Trumpet [+]
I would like to have a TV access on the TT display panel just in case I am ever on the road during American Idol

Hahahahahahaha