Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 2700+ miles England to southern Spain.  (Read 4980 times)

Offline woody

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sunny Swindon
2700+ miles England to southern Spain.
« on: June 02, 2013, 06:24:00 am »
leaving tonight on the ferry,going down through France and Andorra over the Pyrenees mountains to Murcia in southern Spain. (a 9 day tour) :062:
No problems so far with my trophy SE, I have every confidence she will get us both there and back with no problems just fantastic memories.
I certainly have no regrets about buying this amazing bike,its the right tool for the job!(a mountain & motorway mile munching missile) and its British!!!!!!
The weather here (day1) is a bit nippy but sunny and clear so we should be off to a good start to catch the ferry at Dover port, however its forcast rain in France later on, Never mind I'm English and quite used to a soaking!
I can taste that Spanish beer already. :001:
Safe riding all.

Bonjour and Adios
Nothing to fear but fear itself!

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Re: 2700+ miles England to southern Spain.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 07:10:39 am »
Nice one Woody.
Enjoy the ride dude and if possible keep us all posted. I'm doing a trip to Spain myself in September and counting down the days  :157:

Take care and ride safe.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 01:43:08 pm »
Have fun.  Looking forward to our trip in July to Carcassonne area.  Keeps us informed if possible.  Hopefully the rain will not be a lot and anyway you get a lot of protection from the trophy.  My gloves hardly got wet (just outside edges) when caught out in rain a couple if weeks ago.  On the other hand when got caught in a down pour I had to stop at a roundabout and when set off the water 'puddle' on the tank streamed off into my crutch   :156:

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 03:41:40 pm »
Wish you a safe and fun trip down South, forecast is dry and sunny weather most of the week on this side of la Manche, possibly some remnants of last week rain near the Pyrénées but should not last, enjoy  :158:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline atuti

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Washington DC
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 04:04:02 pm »
If you need any kind of support from Madrid, please let me know.

We have for these coming days boe skies and 22-28 C degrees.

Welcome to Spain!!,!   :401: :401:

Offline alapues

• Trophy Member
  • Si hay que ir, se va!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Launch ed.
  • City / Town: Zaragoza
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 05:06:50 pm »
It's really windy at the northern  half of Spin, just returned from Madrid two hours ago, and it has been a rough ride (I wasn' riding my Trophy but my Bonneville)

Are you coming through Zaragoza (Saragosse)? If so, tell me and perhaps we may meet to drink a beer  :821:
V'sssssss

Offline woody

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sunny Swindon
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 12:08:49 pm »
We have made it down to murcia (half way). great riding the bike never missed a beat.the only problem is sore bums after about 4 hrs. nothing a small thin cushion cant sort out .Alternatively airhawk make a cushion for £80 but I'd rather spend it on beer!.anyone planning on going through france be warned twice we saw french police hiding in long grass on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere with speed guns no warning signs not even a police car or bike visible.and on one other accasion they had a road block with two bikes (yamaha  fjr's) and a van pulling anyone and everyone.cant help thinking they want to raise more money for the french government.the tolls through France was about €40 and  Spain was €20 which is our choice to pay or not depending how quickly we want to put miles behind us. in Spain we opted for the twisting A class roads such a wonderful country to ride in.we have stopped for a few days to enjoy the sun & sea and start the return journey home.i feel extremely confident in the bike my wife and I will break before the bike does.thanks for your offers of support and help.likewise if anyone needs help in the swindon wiltshire area just ask.best wishes to all.the photo is taken on the beach in mazzaron in murcia
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 08:51:25 pm by woody »
Nothing to fear but fear itself!

Offline RAS

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 10:56:59 am »
Woody, glad you are enjoying your trip. Interesting about the French and their road policing. I agree with you and think that they are now just trying to raise money for the government coffers. Were you on the Peage when you saw the speed traps or was this on the N roads?
Bike looks good in the photo. Pleased that you are problem free as well. Good to hear :046: :046:

tweedy-bunch