Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Tip-Over Protection  (Read 11131 times)

Offline pbenson

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Kawasaki Concours
  • City / Town: Beaverton, OR
Tip-Over Protection
« on: June 04, 2013, 01:07:10 am »
I'm considering the new Trophy SE - interested to know if anyone is providing tip-over protection - prevent damage to engine, mirrors, bags, etc from a tip-over at slow or no speed.  (Who has not experienced getting off the bike in the garage and forgetting to put down the kick stand, or finding it did not fully engage.  Over goes the bike and lots of damage to the plastic, and expensive repairs.)

I am currently on a 2011 Kawasaki Concours and have a wonderful tip-over bar package, starting at the front by the engine, and also another set of bars at the rear to protect the bags.  Dropping the bike - it lands on the two contact points (front and back) and no damage to any plastic.  Already tested once and absolutely no damage to any part of the bike.

I had a 2006 Honda ST1300 with similar protection.  Bike came with the front engine guard protection and all I added was the rear bars to protect the bags.  Worked like a charm and total slow speed/no speed protection.

With all the plastic on the Trophy - need something similar - just wondering if anyone knows if there is anything out there that is available now?

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
Re: Tip-Over Protection
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 08:26:25 am »
Many posts on this forum about this issue if you search for "R&G".

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline pbenson

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Kawasaki Concours
  • City / Town: Beaverton, OR
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 09:18:32 pm »
Blue Pilot - either the search engine is not working, or I must be doing something wrong - I searched as you suggested on R&G - with zero results.  I am brand new to this forum but presume the Search function is not unique - at any rate, no luck.  Perhaps you could double-check and let me know what I may be doing wrong.  I used the Search on the very top of the Home Page and also tried the Quick Search on the bottom right side with no luck.

Thanks for whatever help you can offer.

Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 10:03:44 pm »

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 11:09:55 pm »
Alternatively you could start by looking on pages 2 and 3 of the accessories and products section of this forum.

BP
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 11:11:42 pm by BluePilot »
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 03:01:01 am »
Helpful first post BigD :028:  As a new owner of a Trophy you might want to jump on over to the new member forum and introduce yourself so everyone can get to know you.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline GPL95928

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 04:55:26 pm »
Insanely expensive for a few pieces of metal  :033:
I'd rather pay my $100 insurance deductible in the unlikely event she goes down.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 06:57:33 pm »
*Originally Posted by GPL95928 [+]
Insanely expensive for a few pieces of metal  :033:
I'd rather pay my $100 insurance deductible in the unlikely event she goes down.

I'm with Gary on this. In the flesh they also look awful and tacky  :005: Also as Gary says in the unlikely event the plastic wont transfer the  impact force through to the engine mounts etc.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.