J & M handle bar mounted C. B. Radio for the Trophy TT by Cross-Country
[Today at 06:38:30 AM]

How dumb can I get?!!! by william
[Today at 02:19:32 AM]

Cleaning Goretex boots by CThody
[Today at 12:34:17 AM]

DIY cam chain tensioner replacement by digital
[Yesterday at 05:14:04 PM]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Branded Clothing  (Read 6030 times)

Offline Rick505

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Albuquerque, NM
Re: Branded Clothing
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2019, 07:07:13 PM »
About the only Branded manufacturer clothing I own was from eBay.  I've found decent Triumph emblazoned T-Shirts for about $10 shipped.  They were decent quality.  For me, I think many of the Triumph dealerships, in the USA at least, are trying to become Boutiques (think HD & BMW) with their accessory displays and lighting and resultant pricing.  I just checked on-line and their Modern Logo T-Shirt is $35.  Cheaper than some but I'd rather spend that amount on gas/oil or a decent Bourbon.  You can get decent Bourbon for that price.  Yes, I saw a moth fly out of my wallet last time I opened it up.  :008:

PS - As a side not they do seem to offer free shipping if you have stuff sent to the dealer for pick up.

Offline Phil

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2019, 03:49:04 PM »
If I'm browsing round the dealership and see a t shirt that I like I will buy it.  I particularly go for long sleeve t shirts that are on the clearance rack.   I own abut three Triumph t shirts but about 300 Harley t'shirts.  I don't own a Harley any long and thinned out the wardrobe a few days back to make room for more Triumph gear.  I'm currently looking for some Triumph patches to sew on to the back of my leather waistcoat in place of the HOG patches I have recently un-picked.   I did say to myself a while ago that I would not buy anymore branded t'shirts.  but then you see something you like at a good price and add another t'shirt to the collection. 

Offline 1675

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Spennymoor
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2019, 06:59:57 PM »
Did my wife write the last sentence on your behalf?

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 PHANTOM BLACK
  • City / Town: Fayetteville, GA
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2019, 06:06:39 PM »
Don't normally advertise for manufacturers on the clothes I wear but, did purchase a couple of Triumph T's and 2 Triumph patches to cover up the "Goldwing" patch on the Sidici mesh jacket I purchased....really liked the jacket and it was half price!
That will be about the extent of advertising I do. :017:

Offline NEARMISSES

• Trophy Member
  • Bluey3 & me at Priest Lake, Id.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1200LT FJR1300 TTSE
  • City / Town: LACLEDE
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2019, 01:55:18 AM »
Dying to chime in here. I have a Ducati coat made by Dianese in Black with Red panels and lettering from that my kids bought me for Christmas back in 2001 that I love. It's warm and does a great job of spring And fall, winter in Florida riding.

I then bought a BMW Coat when I had my LT as it was lighter than the Ducati coat but with a liner if necessary that I also love. Silver with Yellow panels for visibility, long wasted and has vents.  I got it on Ebay CHEAP in 2007 for a trip I was taking back out to Idaho from Florida.  I did the same trip year before but with the Ducati coat and later in the year Mid Sept- Oct. really needed it for that as it was cold!

I have some Light Tan summer BMW pants with zip off legs to make them shorts I bought at my Beemer dealer because I liked the color and weight and the fact they made into a quick pair of shorts. I also have a red Rocket mesh & leather sleeved jacket a girlfriend got me for Christmas one year. It's great for most weather except hot summer days, then I really want a mesh jacket period. Need one of those, may get a Rocket or?? whatever's affordable and I Like the color. Brands optional.

First Motorcycle Jacket I had back in the late 60's was a tan Bomber's jacket, fleece lined and really kool back then.  I had an old blue jean jacket I bought in the 70's for summer riding and was right when I got my First Triumph Trident.  I had a big red white and blue triumph patch sewn on the back because it was the first bike I ever owned that went around corners WITH it's rider still onboard and intact unlike the Jap Bikes of the period.

Clothes don't make the man, or Woman but should keep them warm/comfortable and protected. If it has a Brand name on it so what!  Harley does go a bit overboard though.  I just got my current s.o. and nice summer Rocket all mesh jacket in Light Blue. It has a liner for cool nights too. Makes her blue eye's stand out too! Ha! I'll maybe get her a decent colder weather jacket from Triumph as  she really likes one they make but till then she'll wear her Leather jacket.

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2019, 09:14:38 AM »
I were at Triumph HQ just the other day, they had a 50% off on selected lines only,...from what I saw, it were certain T shirts, still I'm not paying a tenner for one T shirt when I can get a pack of 3 or 4 for less from the likes of Lidl. Lol

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 PHANTOM BLACK
  • City / Town: Fayetteville, GA
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2019, 02:54:34 PM »
Hard not to find , at least, a mesh jacket without some type of branding, which I don't mind as long as it doesn't make me look like I just walked out of a bikers bar or off a racetrack!
Tried on dozens of mesh jackets, including Joe Rockets, just about all felt like the mesh was made from hard plastic or cardboard and stiff as a board! :033:
Know it's about protection but, comfort also plays a factor and why the Sidici Goldwing jacket is at the shop getting Triumph patches sewed on, as this was the most comfortable mesh jackets I tried on with CE protection.
I figured getting a $200 jacket for $100 and paying around $40 for patches and alterations was worth it!

tweedy-bunch