Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Newbie  (Read 3618 times)

Offline xbskt

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ultra TR6R Commando
  • City / Town: Massachusetts
« on: June 04, 2013, 04:20:11 AM »
Hello to all,
New guy here. Tested the BMW R1200RT and thought I should check into the Trophy. I'll be lurking for the most part as I only have Harleys of all vintages right now but am interested in the sport touring genre.
I like any and all bikes and I usually ride with my wife of 27 years. The RT seemed a bit tight on space after riding an Ultra Classic for the past ten years.
We sat on the Trophy and it seemed better so I figured I should get some intel so here I am.
Only question I have is how to find a demo bike? The dealer I went to said they had one but it had moved on but he did not know to where.
Anywhere in the northeast is fine by me.
Any input appreciated and  thanks for having me onboard.

xbskt
"Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee."
Melville,
The Whale

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 05:03:00 AM »
Welcome to the Forum.  Demo bike huh?  Tough question.  I hear that most of these are selling as soon as they hit the showroom floor.  And most dealers aren't crazy about putting demo miles on a bike they know they can sell right off.  I know there was a blue one for sale in Upstate New York (Canandaigua Motorsports) but I don't know if the dealer would want to demo it.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline crazyman

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Crystal Beach, FL
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 12:30:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Finding a demo bike shouldn't be too difficult.  It depends on the number of dealers near you.  I can say that the Trophy is vastly different from your Harley. 
I've ridden both.  This bike is very powerful and wants to go go go !

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 01:46:55 PM »
Hey X. No problemo moto-brother. We got us not one but two Triumph dealers here down south of the cold weather, both have demos and back-ups in their crates waiting for new owners! Just jump on an airplane for a long weekend here in Raleigh, NC. I and the wife will be happy to have you. I'll personally introduce you to the owner of Ray Price Triumph and his lovely wife. Then you can demo your heart out, buy the color of your choice, celebrate with the Frosty Dogs here at McLeans Inn on bike night and ride her home to NY for the break-in mileage....Don't worry, the highway miles are the best way to break-in any REAL thoroughbred, the TTSE won't mind and will run better for the highway miles anyway!

Hope to see you soon :018:   -Dr Ron
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 03:46:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by xbskt [+]
Hello to all,
New guy here. Tested the BMW R1200RT and thought I should check into the Trophy. I'll be lurking for the most part as I only have Harleys of all vintages right now but am interested in the sport touring genre.
I like any and all bikes and I usually ride with my wife of 27 years. The RT seemed a bit tight on space after riding an Ultra Classic for the past ten years.
We sat on the Trophy and it seemed better so I figured I should get some intel so here I am.
Only question I have is how to find a demo bike? The dealer I went to said they had one but it had moved on but he did not know to where.
Anywhere in the northeast is fine by me.
Any input appreciated and  thanks for having me onboard.

xbskt

Hi Dude  :401:

I've just changed after 25 years on Harley's  :087: Although it must be said that the latest Ultra with the 103 engine in my eyes is the best so far. My last Harley I bought in 2011 and changed onto the Trophy when launched in November 2012. The Ultra had 20,000 miles on it in 13 months of riding and other than the battery going down not another fault. The Trophy however is in a whole different league  :087: more room the engine is stunning and the MPG at a faster touring speed is far superior to the Harley's. Once the niggles are sorted on this bike in my opinion it will be the class leader and there aint no other out there for me at present BMW included  :150:  :150:.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 09:54:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by Trumpetman13 [+]
Hey X. No problemo moto-brother. We got us not one but two Triumph dealers here down south of the cold weather, both have demos and back-ups in their crates waiting for new owners! Just jump on an airplane for a long weekend here in Raleigh, NC. I and the wife will be happy to have you. I'll personally introduce you to the owner of Ray Price Triumph and his lovely wife. Then you can demo your heart out, buy the color of your choice, celebrate with the Frosty Dogs here at McLeans Inn on bike night and ride her home to NY for the break-in mileage....Don't worry, the highway miles are the best way to break-in any REAL thoroughbred, the TTSE won't mind and will run better for the highway miles anyway!

Hope to see you soon :018:   -Dr Ron

it sounds like a very attractive program  :002:  :062:
interesting  the  other comments about dealers not really caring for proposing demoes, here it's no problem, a little bit of paperwork, a proper deposit and that's it! "roule ma Poule"
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Trophy 59

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE, XV750 Bobber
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 12:22:43 AM »
Got my Triumph survey the other day. One of the questions was 'Did the dealer allow you a demo ride' or similar.  I think I read that Triumph underwrite the demo bike's insurance for the dealers to lessen the dealer's risk, to enable all dealers to offer the bike.

I rode the demo, then bought it. So, my dealer was without a demo until his next shipment.
Don't grow up, it's a trap...

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 01:02:35 AM »
We might have a disconnect on what demo means. A demo bike is a bike that the dealer designates as a demo and allows the miles to pile up on it.  Sometimes 3000, 5000, even 10,000 miles.  Triumph gives the dealer an incentive for doing so.  But on bikes that will sell very quickly many dealers are reluctant to put them into demo service.  Of course if your dealer can get as many Trophies as he wants then I guess he wouldn't be reluctant to put one into demo service.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

tweedy-bunch