Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Selected gear indicator crazy  (Read 4452 times)

Offline Hervé

• Trophy Member
  • First French?
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: Vaux sur seine
Selected gear indicator crazy
« on: June 07, 2013, 10:29:13 PM »
Hi,

Last week just after leaving home the selected gear indicator became crazy. It didn’t show the right gear, mainly frozen on gear one, also when the 6 was engaged or indicating the 3rd when on neutral, then long the day frozen on different gear.
Just after that, I had a message that TC will be disconnected, and then the orange indicator switched on that TC was off!
I also had issue with the side stand, cutting the engine also if gear was on neutral!
I went to the dealer who checking with the computer found an issue with the selector sensor. He reset the issue and all was fine till today.

Today, again, same issue! Just had time to realize that before the issue popped up I had a message; low battery voltage; same I have had last week without taking care at this time

Back to the dealer, they have again reset the issue with the computer and this time told me they will ask to Triumph , how to fix that.

Does someone have the same issue?

I will keep you posted 
Mind is like a parachute, it's efficient only when open

Offline Robmcg

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2013
  • City / Town: Adelaide
Re: Selected gear indicator crazy
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 01:47:17 AM »
Hi Herve

Have had exactly the same problem three times. Twice on a demo and once on mine.
Am starting a new thread of problems, with a full explanation of this one. Thread will be "Problems", if they let it through.

Cheers Rob

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 03:08:35 AM »
With 2 reports of this I'm a bit nervous taking the bike too far from home. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 07:26:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
With 2 reports of this I'm a bit nervous taking the bike too far from home.

Don't be dude just take a phone. I've had various issue's with mine since the first day? As yet still not resolved :087: These electronic's seem to develop a mind of there own  :087: :087: I refuse to let it spoil the fun that I'm having while the bike is running correctly. Coming up to 6K miles and although annoying its always got me home  :028: " TO DATE "

Take care and ride safe

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Hervé

• Trophy Member
  • First French?
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: Vaux sur seine
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 08:31:58 PM »
Hey folks, we are talking about a bike for which I've spent more than 20k€! Also if it gets me at home, I can accept to have the TC switch off when not wanted from me. What about abs, brake, etc... all managed by the same electronic …

I have lot of fun with that bike but unfortunately no patience…. I will not wait at long to have it running fine!

I would invite all having issue to put pressure on Triumph to have all these issues fixed in a reasonable time!

Cheers,

Hervé
Mind is like a parachute, it's efficient only when open

Offline GPL95928

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 08:41:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Chaos [+]
Don't be dude just take a phone. I've had various issue's with mine since the first day? As yet still not resolved :087: These electronic's seem to develop a mind of there own  :087: :087: I refuse to let it spoil the fun that I'm having while the bike is running correctly. Coming up to 6K miles and although annoying its always got me home  :028: " TO DATE "

Take care and ride safe

Chaos

As long as she gets me home the warning screen can say anthing it wants  :008: With Triumph dealers being few and far in between a breakdown could cost Triumph a significant towing fee, a rental car and hotel. At least that is what my attorney brother says  :745:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 08:57:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Chaos [+]

Take care and ride safe

Chaos
I'm not concerned about a mere indication of the wrong gear.  I'm more referring to Robmcg's other thread
https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,636.0.html
in which this could be related to a dangerous and debilitating problem.  I appreciate the advice of carrying a phone, which I always do.  But remember I live in Texas and when we say far from home we don't mean 100 or even 150 miles.  Far from home for me is in excess of 300-400 miles.  Being stranded that far away is a bit of an inconvenience.  Having said that I'm off for a "short" ride.  Lets hope the Trophy stays as it has been so far...bullet proof.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline GPL95928

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 10:12:08 PM »
Ride safe Wh84it