Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: On my Brakes  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Trumpet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE
On my Brakes
« on: June 09, 2013, 01:24:50 am »
It seems to me I have to press too hard to get the ABS back/front brake during quicker stops than normal. I am trying to get the Service Manager to re-evaluate how they bleed the brakes last time I asked them.

I do not think they followed the instructions in the Manual requiring to use the Diagnostic Tool to open a selenoid to bleed front/back brakes.

I hate to compare bikes, but my last sports touring bike had like 'power brakes'. It stopped on a dime. It could very well be this ABS system works in a different way than my last...but I would like to see those brakes bleed the proper way by someone who knows how.
If I had money I wouldn't be on this board now
I wanna be Hefner's roommate
I trade ignorance and youth for old age anytime

Offline GPL95928

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: On my Brakes
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 01:27:34 am »
I had to make a quick stop and the ABS functioned well. I hope you just need them bled.

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 08:42:18 am »
Sounds like it might be something that the dealer is not doing as my bike stops very quickly and the brakes seem fantastic especially compared to the sprint.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 01:35:16 pm »
I have the same issue. The rear brake pedal seems spongy. I shall ask about it when I get the warranty work done.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 02:11:43 pm »
My experience is that the combined brakes system does require quite a "viril" action on the rear brake pedal, everything I've read so far seems to confirm that
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 04:18:17 pm »
I'm not sure I agree the brakes require extra effort.  When I first picked up my Trophy  I rode it about 150 miles. Brought it back to the dealer and told the tech that the brakes seemed soft as if they needed bleeding.  Tech did bleed the brakes and got some air bubbles. I then rode another 200 miles or so and the softness returned. I again asked the tech to bleed the brakes.  Again he got a little air. I expressed concern might be a leak on a new bike but after another 175 miles brake was still firm. Excellent actually.  A bit more than 3000 miles and brakes are still great.  Better than those on my ST.  I probably should mention that my brother owns the motorcycle shop and that might be one reason the tech bled the brakes to perfection.   But your tech should do the same. After all that shop and Triumph are facing huge liabilities!
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

tweedy-bunch