Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Vibration thur foot pegs and handlebar  (Read 4228 times)

• Offline RPSE

• Trophy Junior  ‐    7
    • Topic Author

Offline RPSE

• Trophy Junior
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: trophy se
    • City / Town: swedesboro
    Vibration thur foot pegs and handlebar
    on: Oct 16, 2016, 02.09 am
    Oct 16, 2016, 02.09 am
    Hi, just after my warranty runs out my 2014 trophy with 6000 miles on it goes from running smooth as silk to tingling vibration thur foot pegs and handlebar. Has anybody had a similar problem. I pulled the fairing off and checked the motor mounts,they seem to be tight. Also the engine sounds no different or runs any different.. Any help would be appreciated.

• Offline OK_Trophy   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    235

Offline OK_Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2016 Triumph Trophy
    • City / Town: Enid, OK
    Re: Vibration thur foot pegs and handlebar
    Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2016, 12.21 pm
    Oct 16, 2016, 12.21 pm
    I have about 6k on mine but have not noticed any vibration issues. 

• Offline plgoddard   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    382

Offline plgoddard

• Trophy Pro
    • IBA #61353
    • Bike: 2013 TTSE
    • City / Town: Detroit
    Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2016, 03.08 pm
    Oct 16, 2016, 03.08 pm
    I've not felt any noticeable vibrations in the foot pegs ever, but I did have tingling initially in the hands after 20-30 minutes of riding, so I bought and applied a $20 pair of grip puppies. They're about a year old now and probably need replacing, but the annoyance is resolved with this simple and inexpensive solution. I've heard of others in this forum doing the same and also putting on heavier bar-end weights. Do some searches, I'm hoping you can find a simple solution.

• Offline earthman   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    2121

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2016, 09.19 pm
    Oct 16, 2016, 09.19 pm
    Over the years I've been very sensitive to feeling/noticing vibration on many bikes I've owned, to the point where my hand(s) have lost feeling/gone numb on a motorway etc.

Even on the flat 6 of a Goldwing, I once felt it after a day in the saddle, that were still very good for me though.

I were concerned about the Trophy, this is the first triple that I've owned, I'm pleased to say that I haven't had tingling/numb hands even whilst maintaining a constant speed on the motorway etc.

To the OP, all I can think of, maybe your injection system needs balancing? If that's a become a little out after 6000 miles then maybe that would result in you now feeling some vibes?

• Offline RPSE

• Trophy Junior  ‐    7
    • Topic Author

Offline RPSE

• Trophy Junior
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2016, 01.29 am
    Oct 17, 2016, 01.29 am
    Thank you for your replies. I was out for a ride over the weekend,putting about 200 miles on the bike. She still sounds and runs great,like always but there is definitely a change in the vibration level. It was virtually none existent before. Very smooth especially on the highway. I think I have to have it checked out by the dealer. They will most likely say it is normal. But I know something has changed.

• Offline earthman   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    2121

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    Reply #5 on: Oct 17, 2016, 08.31 am
    Oct 17, 2016, 08.31 am
    Apart from the engine mounts, which you have checked, my money is on the balancing being out a tad. I know that if carbs go out of sync even by a little bit, it sure makes a difference, I have gauges and have had to tweak them back into line in the past.

I have the Dealer Tool for my bike, I've heard that that can tweak these settings back into line,....all this modern day fuel injection stuff is amazing.

Let us know what the dealer says and if they stick their diagnostic unit on it.

• Offline RPSE

• Trophy Junior  ‐    7
    • Topic Author

Offline RPSE

• Trophy Junior
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2016, 01.37 am
    Oct 18, 2016, 01.37 am
    I hate to put it in the shop with the great weather we have now. But i am going to get it in the next week or two. Will let you know what they come up with.

• Offline john348   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    1524

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
    • City / Town: Farndon
    Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2016, 11.05 am
    Oct 18, 2016, 11.05 am
    I wonder ifor a reset would do it.  I keep meaning to do it on mine.

It is written about on this site but it is something like do  other touch the throttle but start the bike and let it tick over for a number of minutes (14 if I remember right).

This resets the ecu and remembered settings.  I changed my exhaust and think I should do it but never remember until I want to ride it and not leave it ticking over?

Probably worth a try but others on this site know a lot more than me!

tweedy-bunch