Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Trophy Wind Control  (Read 2484 times)

• Offline Tenequip   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    136
    • Topic Author

Offline Tenequip

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE Blue
    • City / Town: Ford City, PA.
    Trophy Wind Control
    on: Nov 12, 2016, 02.02 am
    Nov 12, 2016, 02.02 am
    Wondering how the Trophy stands up against other bikes in wind control "rider comfort". Spend the day riding about 200 miles in 40 to 50 degree temperatures (F) and was quite comfortable on my 2015 Trophy SE. Probably half the ride was on the big slab @ 70 - 75 mph. Switched over from a Goldwing GL1800 to the Trophy this last spring & today I thought the Trophy had the better wind control. My Goldwing only had wind deflectors under the mirrors. In the past, I have owed a Suzuki V-strom 650 Adventure & a Honda VTX 1300C, and neither of these compare to the Trophy in wind comfort. Both had windshields. The Goldwind was close in my comparison, but the adjustable windshield & hand protection of the Trophy gets my vote. How do the other bikes stack up?

• Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • Trophy Pro  ‐    490

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • Trophy Pro
    Re: Trophy Wind Control
    Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2016, 02.44 am
    Nov 12, 2016, 02.44 am
    I believe my Trophy has the best wind protection of any bike I have owned and that includes a 1200 Wing, 1500 Wing, Valkyrie Interstate, and BMW 1150RT. The Trophy blocks air too well at times I think. Wife and I spent three days in 45 degree temps and a light rain when heading home from a late year trip out west. We wore Jeans, T-shirts, Gerbing heated jacket liners, and rain suits and we were snug as bugs. The rain suits kept us dry and the gerbings liners on low over the T-shirts kept us warm. The weather protection from the Trophy was excellent. On the BMW we would have needed another layer under the rain suits.

• Offline FGDriver

• Trophy Member  ‐    43

Offline FGDriver

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: TTSE 2014
    • City / Town: London
    Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2016, 08.41 am
    Nov 12, 2016, 08.41 am
    Agree NavyDad with the older RT but not the new one with the K series dash.  Upper body is as good if not a tad better on the new RT but lower and Leg protection still is best on the Trophy only the footwarmers make any change.  Just did 14miles into London on the rain did not even put on over trousers got a little damp as the jeans were light coloured but no more than walking from the train station.  Problem I find is at the other end the wife and I were in Southern Italy temp 32 and riding on the Trophy was HOT  done the same journey same temp on my S1000XR and it is easier to ride in higher temps but as it cools down the Trophy wins hands down.

S.

• Offline DaMonk45   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    278

Offline DaMonk45

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: TEX
    • City / Town: Houston
    Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2016, 09.38 am
    Nov 12, 2016, 09.38 am
    Always a trade off of some sort.
    Great protection in bad or cold weather
    Way to much protection in Hot, dry weather.

• Offline Donk

• Trophy Pro  ‐    195

Offline Donk

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: '15 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: WI & FL
    Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2016, 09.54 am
    Nov 12, 2016, 09.54 am
    I solved the problem of too much wind protection by changing to a Cee Bailey sport windshield.  It gives you the same protection when up but nice airflow when down.  Possibly the best improvement you can make to a Trophy.  Other than that I think the Trophy has great weather and wind protection, a tad more than my '13RT.   

• Offline OK_Trophy   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    233

Offline OK_Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2016 Triumph Trophy
    • City / Town: Enid, OK
    Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2016, 12.58 am
    Nov 13, 2016, 12.58 am
    I have the Cal-Sci large wind screen and it has been great for me and my wife.  I am 6'3" and have not had any problem in adjusting the screen to meet my needs.

• Offline AZBob   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    921

Offline AZBob

• Trophy Master
    • Wubalubadubdub!
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Chandler, AZ
    Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2016, 03.18 pm
    Nov 14, 2016, 03.18 pm
    *Originally Posted by donk [+]
    I solved the problem of too much wind protection by changing to a Cee Bailey sport windshield.  It gives you the same protection when up but nice airflow when down.

Ditto. Very hot weather is bearable on the Trophy with the Cee Bailey's sport shield. I'll be putting the stock shield back on very soon though, cuz the mornings are cold and the afternoons are bearable once again.
    2014 Triumph Trophy 1200 SE
    2013 Honda CB1100