Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Trophy Went Bye Bye  (Read 4219 times)

• Offline Zebraranger   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    430
    • Topic Author

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 16 Moto Guzzi Griso
    Trophy Went Bye Bye
    on: Dec 16, 2016, 03.00 pm
    Dec 16, 2016, 03.00 pm
    Yesterday I sold my TTSE. It was in mint condition, garaged kept with less than 10,000 miles on the OD. As I had mentioned in another thread a few weeks back, I tried trading it in with three different Triumph dealers, but not one of them wanted another TTSE in their inventory. They all said they were too hard to sell. Well, I had no problem getting a fair price and selling it on my own. The TTSE was a great bike, it was really the best bike that I've ever owned. In my opinion, it is the best long distance touring machine by far. I just didn't use it anymore for its intended purpose and I was using it less and less. Over the last year I had transitioned from long distance riding, to more local type riding. So I decided to purchase another bike more suited for the in and around town type of riding that I do now. So now that the TTSE is gone, I've listed some of my accessories in the for sale section.

I've been riding 40 years now, like many of you here, I've owned a lot of different bikes over those years. I've also been a part of many different bike forums over some of those years. I just wanted to say for the record that this TTSE forum is the classiest of them all. From the moderators to the members here, I've never been part of a better group of people. I wanted to thank you all for the camaraderie, knowledge, tips and enjoyment that I've experienced while being a part of this classy international group of people. Also, to Coconut. A special thank you for all that you do and continue to do for all of us (you must be one hell of a neighbor). You're contributions to this forum is priceless. I've seen you go way above and beyond and out of your way many many times to help people here, including myself. You're the soul of this forum, thank you for being here. I'll check in every now and then as I like to keep abreast of all things Triumph. Who knows, Triumph might bring back a new and improved updated version of the Trophy and I just might be back.
    Merry Christmas and safe riding.

• Offline ZShyster   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    332

Offline ZShyster

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Elmhurst, Illinois
    Re: Trophy Went Bye Bye
    Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2016, 04.14 pm
    Dec 16, 2016, 04.14 pm
    Zebraranger,

Ride safe, you have been a great member of this forum.

I am curious what your "around town" bike is.  I find the Trophy to be a little difficult to maneuver in heavy slow/stopped urban traffic.  I love it on the road, but many days I take the car for local errands because the Trophy, at my age, requires a lot of effort in the urban traffic.

Have a Merry Christmas.

ZShyster

• Offline Adô   gb

• Forum Admin
    • Trophy Pro  ‐    219

Offline Adô

• Forum Admin
    • Trophy Pro
    Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2016, 05.33 pm
    Dec 16, 2016, 05.33 pm
    Many thanks for your contributions to the forum over the past couple of years.

It's the members who make a forum successful so much appreciated  :028:

Cheers  :821:

• Offline Zebraranger   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    430
    • Topic Author

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 16 Moto Guzzi Griso
    Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2016, 06.41 pm
    Dec 16, 2016, 06.41 pm
    Thanks guys. Zshyster, I purchased a Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 SE 8V a couple of weeks ago. I just need to ad the C-Bow brackets and saddlebags, a small windscreen and it should be good to go. I posted about it here with some pics. https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,6562.0.html .

I cant even try to compare it to the Trophy, the TTSE is such a different class of bike. the TTSE has so much more and is much more refined. But, the raw power and torque of this 8 valve shaft drive 110 HP 1200cc 11 to 1 compression ratio performance V twin motor took me by surprise, its a brute torque monster. The looks of the bike drew me in, but it was the ride that set the hook. So now I own my first Guzzi, and my first V-twin. The fit & finish on the Griso is impeccable, the paint work is pristine, and the curves and lines of this roadster are striking to say the least. The V twin rumble is a note that I have to get use to after coming from several Triumphs and a few Japanese bikes, but it sounds really good. With two bad knees and my arthritis not getting any better, its easier for me to ride. Smaller and lower than the TTSE, but larger than the Bonneville with a 61" wheel base compared to 56".

• Offline Verdun95   fr

• Trophy God  ‐    2837

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
    • City / Town: by CDG Airport
    Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2016, 09.17 pm
    Dec 16, 2016, 09.17 pm
    Sincerely hope you'll find a way to remain with us  :158:
    An old biker must be a good rider

• Offline trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    4911

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2016, 01.21 am
    Dec 17, 2016, 01.21 am
    Hope you enjoy the Griso as much as you enjoyed the Trophy, and keep in touch with an update for us occasionally.  :821:
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    9998

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2016, 08.36 am
    Dec 17, 2016, 08.36 am
    Cheers Zebraranger  :821:

Don't become a stranger, and Stay Safe - whatever you ride  :028:

Last Edit: Nov 15, 2020, 08.16 pm by Coconut

• Offline Darby Grey

• Trophy Member  ‐    43

Offline Darby Grey

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: Triumph Trophy
    • City / Town: Olympia
    Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2016, 06.10 am
    Dec 19, 2016, 06.10 am
    Zebraranger,
    For a look into the world of Guzzistas, I suggest reading or rereading two books by Melissa Holbrook Pierson,  my favorite author about motorcyclists and motorcycling.

The Perfect Vehicle: What It Is About Motorcycles

The Man Who Would Stop at Nothing: Long-Distance Motorcycling's Endless Road
    If you don't go when you wanta go, when you do go you'll find you've gone.

Burt Munro