Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Riderscan blinds spot mirror  (Read 3118 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline Bobbya   gb

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    164
    • ***
    • Topic Author

    Offline Bobbya

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 164
    • Bike: Trophy se
    • Country: gb
    Riderscan blinds spot mirror
    on: Dec 28, 2016, 02.47 pm
    Dec 28, 2016, 02.47 pm
    Just been looking at some videos of these on You Tube I'm thinking of buying one,has anyone on here fitted one on their trophy?
    I am innocent☺!!

  • Offline GarminDave   gb

    • Trophy Master  ‐    1349
    • ****
      #1

    Offline GarminDave

    • Trophy Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 1349
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Shields
    • Country: gb
    Re: Riderscan blinds spot mirror
    Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2016, 11.47 am
    Dec 29, 2016, 11.47 am
    I have a friend who has one on his Gold Wing which he thinks is very good but on a TTSE how would you get the angle right as the screen moves?

    Just my $0.02

    Love, light and kindness,

    Dave
    Love, light, and kindness,

    Dave

    2016 TTSE

  • Offline cropbiker   gb

    • Trophy God  ‐    4934
    • *****
      #2

    Offline cropbiker

    • Trophy God
    • *****
    • Posts: 4934
    • Midlands biker
    • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Worcester
    • Country: gb
    Re: Riderscan blinds spot mirror
    Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2016, 12.58 pm
    Dec 29, 2016, 12.58 pm
    If you have the sat nav mount, with or without a sat nav perhaps you could attach it there somehow and get the benefit.... might be a bit low but could work and would at least be a permanent angle
    Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

  • Offline Bobbya   gb

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    164
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #3

    Offline Bobbya

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 164
    • Bike: Trophy se
    • Country: gb
    Re: Riderscan blinds spot mirror
    Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2016, 04.59 pm
    Dec 29, 2016, 04.59 pm
    *Originally Posted by GarminDave [+]
    I have a friend who has one on his Gold Wing which he thinks is very good but on a TTSE how would you get the angle right as the screen moves?

    Just my $0.02

    Love, light and kindness,

    Dave
    Hi,I asked that question and the very nice man said to mount it high and leave it loose  enough on the pivot to adjust,however I will let you know in due course as I ordered one,thank you,Bob.
    I am innocent☺!!

  • Offline fred_jb

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    133
    • ***
      #4

    Offline fred_jb

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 133
    • Bike: Trophy SE 2015
    • City / Town: Loughborough
    Re: Riderscan blinds spot mirror
    Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2016, 05.44 pm
    Dec 29, 2016, 05.44 pm
    I have one, and fitted it such that just hangs over the satnav when the screen parks - I never use the screen fully lowered. The RiderScan can pivot on its mount, so if necessary I can adjust its angle for screen height, but I tend to have the screen at more or less the same height most of the time so don't really find I need to adjust it.

    My satnav is a TomTom Rider 400 and has a locking mount but the RiderScan also helps to keep it secure when leaving the bike for a few minutes, such as at gas stations, by making it much more difficult to remove as you cannot get at the lock or the locking lever with the screen lowered.  You can see the back of it and the GPS mount (without TomTom) in the picture below.  I will take a picture from the other side next time I have the bike out.

    As for the RiderScan itself, I have had it on my last few bikes, and I find that I tend to forget to use it unless I make a real effort to remember, but it can be really useful to check for vehicles in your blind spot. It is sometimes helpful in heavy multi-lane urban traffic, and on motorways to monitor any vehicle overtaking if I am waiting to change lanes.  However, I still do a lifesaver glance before changing lanes.


    Last Edit: Dec 29, 2016, 05.47 pm by fred_jb
    "We are so small between the stars, so large against the sky." Leonard Cohen c1967

  • Offline Bobbya   gb

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    164
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #5

    Offline Bobbya

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 164
    • Bike: Trophy se
    • Country: gb
    Re: Riderscan blinds spot mirror
    Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2016, 05.59 pm
    Dec 29, 2016, 05.59 pm
    *Originally Posted by fred_jb [+]
    I have one, and fitted it such that just hangs over the satnav when the screen parks - I never use the screen fully lowered. The RiderScan can pivot on its mount, so if necessary I can adjust its angle for screen height, but I tend to have the screen at more or less the same height most of the time so don't really find I need to adjust it.

    My satnav is a TomTom Rider 400 and has a locking mount but the RiderScan also helps to keep it secure when leaving the bike for a few minutes, such as at gas stations, by making it much more difficult to remove as you cannot get at the lock or the locking lever with the screen lowered.  You can see the back of it and the GPS mount (without TomTom) in the picture below.  I will take a picture from the other side next time I have the bike out.

    As for the RiderScan itself, I have had it on my last few bikes, and I find that I tend to forget to use it unless I make a real effort to remember, but it can be really useful to check for vehicles in your blind spot. It is sometimes helpful in heavy multi-lane urban traffic, and on motorways to monitor any vehicle overtaking if I am waiting to change lanes.  However, I still do a lifesaver glance before changing lanes.


    Lovely, thank you very much just what I was looking for, good photo ,thanks again,Bob.
    I am innocent☺!!

  • Offline fred_jb

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    133
    • ***
      #6

    Offline fred_jb

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 133
    • Bike: Trophy SE 2015
    • City / Town: Loughborough
    Re: Riderscan blinds spot mirror
    Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2016, 05.09 pm
    Dec 31, 2016, 05.09 pm
    *Originally Posted by Bobbya [+]
    Just been looking at some videos of these on You Tube I'm thinking of buying one,has anyone on here fitted one on their trophy?

    Here are some better pictures of mine:

    Screen fully down, RiderScan deliberately fitted at a height where it covers the unlocking tab on the GPS mount as I never have it fully down when riding.  There is room to have it high enough to not cover the GPS if required.


    Normal height for me when riding


    View of fixings so you can see how you can change angle by rotating on the supporting rod - just need to have the fixing bolts not fully clamped up so there is a bit of friction but the mirror can still be moved.

    "We are so small between the stars, so large against the sky." Leonard Cohen c1967

  • Offline Bobbya   gb

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    164
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #7

    Offline Bobbya

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 164
    • Bike: Trophy se
    • Country: gb
    Re: Riderscan blinds spot mirror
    Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2016, 11.15 pm
    Dec 31, 2016, 11.15 pm
    Thanks for that I fitted mine today ,more on less in the same position as yours,to be honest I copied from your other photos,just got to get used to it now.Went for a small ride with it earlier today it felt like information overload watching the mirrors  the satnav and the RiderScan as well,but I think once I get used to it I'll be fine.Thank you for your help.
    I am innocent☺!!

     



    tweedy-bunch