Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sale (Australia) to Adelaide and Return  (Read 1570 times)

Offline Mad Dog

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
Sale (Australia) to Adelaide and Return
« on: June 13, 2013, 01:52:12 pm »
First long ride on the trusty Trophy.  Convinced the boss that I needed some R&R and at  O dark early 6:25AM left Sale for Adelaide on the 31st May.  Trip was via Triumph dealer to adjust gear chance leaver (great service with bike in and out within 30min). and then on for some serious riding.  first fuel stop just outside Ballarat with the weather being overcast but fine.  At Stawell started to rain, which did not stop until I arrived at Adelaide.  Return trip was so much different with fine weather and a teil wind all the way home.Stats for the trip over 11Hrs 56 Min ride time, 43.8 Litres of fuel used, 999.2 K covered, at an average of 83.6 K/h with average of 4.4l/100. Total stats for the trip 38Hrs ride time over 6 days using 119 Lt of fuel for 2754K at 4.3L/100.

I am most impressed with this bike as I would not have dreamed of anything like this on my old ST1300.  Weather protection was also tested with heavy rain, which stood up to the challenge. :001: :152: 
No such thing as bad weather - just inappropriate clothing.

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sale (Australia) to Adelaide and Return
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 03:12:07 pm »
Great trip/test, glad the Trophy came up trumps.

I am am just about to test mine with a trip to the Black Forest in Germany where the weather might also be testing!!!

Offline GPL95928

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 12:26:11 am »
Enjoyed your ride report and pics, thanks  :152:

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 01:26:27 pm »
Mad Dog the thing I find with the Trophy is the more you ride the more you want to ride. Love the multi day rides.
Didn't come home via the Great Ocean Road?

Simon
Simon