Differences in model years 2014 to 2017 by pohm66
[Today at 08:31:20 AM]

'Darkside' a TTSE? by MidnightSE
[Today at 06:29:19 AM]

$10,000 Mile Service Cost$ by Canes1
[Today at 04:46:30 AM]

high mileage by Clipper
[Today at 04:08:50 AM]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Goodies for the the bike  (Read 8767 times)

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Goodies for the the bike
« on: June 14, 2013, 05:42:25 PM »
Hi All,

got some great goodies that although not specifically for the Trophy SE are really cool and useful.

Firstly, I have a garmin Zumo 660 mounted above the info centre on the official Triumph mount. Great position as you don't have to look far to get the info you need. However, being so high up it did suffer from glare and also in heavy rain a fair bit got on the screen and obscured the view.

Both problems fixed with a Robins Hoods sunshade for the Zumo. Only about $30 got mine from priushood.com (I don't work for them and have no shares! LOL) Highly recommended.

Next up, I park my bike in my garage riding in and with previous bikes happily able to paddle in reverse down the drive besides the cars. The Trophy, as you are all aware, is a little wider than average so paddling backwards with it for any distance not the most comfortable of experiences.

Solution for me is the Biketek centre stand workshop trolley. £80 off eBay. Ride in to the garage, get off the bike on side stand, push trolley under bike, put bike onto centre stand ON the trolley, then just push it round! Now I do a complete 180 inside the garage (Standard single width garage) so I can ride straight out!

I think that makes it a bit like Thunderbird 2 now! LOL

:008: :008: :008: :008:

A couple of pics to show you!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Goodies for the the bike
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 06:30:34 PM »
That Biketek looks interesting.  Is it stable?  Any concerns that the bike will tip?  Do those wheel locks really work when bringing the bike up on its centerstand?
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 07:03:01 PM »
The bike appears to be nice and stable....

I turn it round and push it around in the garage without any problem....

The brake levers on the four castors are a bit of a pain as you have to apply all four which means going all round the bike. Would be great if there was just one lever that applied a brake to all wheels but that is probably going to make it more expensive.

Once the bike is up on its centre stand I take the brakes off and then just push down on the rear seat until the bike is just balanced on the centre stand and both wheels are off the ground and move the bike around as I need it. I don't bother putting the brakes back on as the garage is flat and it is not running away anywhere.

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 07:23:28 PM »
Would you happen to have the product reference by you? I can see that the Biketek products are distributed in the Old World but with the referece number that might be easier to find. thanks  :002:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:28:19 PM by Verdun95 »
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 10:11:13 PM »
Here's a tip. If your floor is smooth ( and even better if it's painted ) use a carpet tile upside down under the centre stand. Lean on the top box to raise the front wheel off the ground and just spin the bike around. For years I've been doing this with no problems. Advantages are no extra height to get the centre stand up on to, as stable as right on the ground and costs buttons.
Caoimhín

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisbech, Cambs
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Caoimhín [+]
Here's a tip. If your floor is smooth ( and even better if it's painted ) use a carpet tile upside down under the centre stand. Lean on the top box to raise the front wheel off the ground and just spin the bike around. For years I've been doing this with no problems. Advantages are no extra height to get the centre stand up on to, as stable as right on the ground and costs buttons.
me too. Just had a new garage built last year and painted the floor with two pack (epoxy paint) and I just spin it around on its centre stand.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 11:09:25 PM »
This is the URL for a site that deals with it here in the UK

http://www.bikermart.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=PDSCTR11&PARTNER=Google&gclid=CJrtka2W5LcCFfLHtAodqCIAmg

I agree you could just spin t on its stand on a smooth floor. But I can push the bike easily around the garage to get at other things I need to and to easily move Tyson out of the way.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 11:14:40 PM »
On a related topic, is it just me, am I the only one who finds it a bit difficult to get the Trophy up onto its center stand?
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST