Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: R & G Racing Products - Downpip and radiator grilles  (Read 3836 times)

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
R & G Racing Products - Downpip and radiator grilles
« on: June 15, 2013, 11:44:04 am »
Hi Guys,

have been thinking of getting these for the Trophy as they look like they could nicely protect the radiator and downpipes.

http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Triumph/Trophy_1200/2013/DG0011BK.aspx

http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Triumph/Trophy_1200/2013/RAD0134BK.aspx

Anyone already got them?? What was fitting like?

Cheers for the help!
 :002: :002:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: R & G Racing Products - Downpip and radiator grilles
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 12:14:36 pm »
I got the radiator protector as I thought it might be quite vulnerable and prone to damage from stones thrown up from the road.

Nice quality black mesh grill - the kit comes with some strips of self adhesive sticky pads
that you have to cut into 10mm wide pieces, then stick them around the edge of the frame,
so that they cushion up against the radiator when fitted, and stop any rattles or vibration.

Fitting is simple but a bit fiddly - there is just one bolt to undo ( top right as you look at the radiator from the front of the bike ).
A bracket on the grill then fits over the hole and the bolt is replaced.

The other 3 corners are held in place with plastic tie wraps ( included in the kit ).
The top one is easy enough to fit, but the bottom ones are quite awkward -
There's an extending bracket on each lower corner that slips under the edge of the radiator,
and the end of that bracket has 2 slots in it for the tie wrap, which is wrapped up around the lower radiator mounting brackets. 

Carefully unclipping the lower section of the fairing helped a lot with access  :028:

I shall probably be ordering the downpipe protector soon -
all depending on how generous the kids are tomorrow !
( Father's Day - must tell them about this forum ! :038: )

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 05:37:51 pm by Coconut »

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 05:23:29 pm »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
I got the radiator protector as I thought it might be quite vulnerable and prone to damage from stones thrown up from the road.

Nice quality black mesh grill - the kit comes with some strips of self adhesive sticky pads
that you have to cut into 10mm wide pieces, then stick them around the edge of the frame,
so that they cushion up against the radiator when fitted, and stop any rattles or vibration.

Fitting is simple but a bit fiddly - there is just one bolt to undo ( top right as you look at the radiator from the front of the bike ).
A bracket on the grill then fits over the hole and the bolt is replaced.

The other 3 corners are held in place with plastic tie wraps ( included in the kit ).
The top one is easy enough to fit, but the bottom ones are quite awkward -
There's an extending bracket on each lower corner that slips under the edge of the radiator,
and the end of that bracket has 2 slots in it for the tie wrap, which is wrapped up around the lower radiator mounting brackets. 

Carefully unclipping the lower section of the fairing helped a lot with access  :028:

I shall probably be ordering the downpipe protector soon -
all depending on how generous the kids are tomorrow !
( Father's Day - must tell them about this forum ! :038: )

I think I'll just buy them  :087: At 56 I'm to old to start with kids  :745: :745: :745:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 06:05:21 pm »
Chaos, I think that having kids now would definatley eat into riding time in more ways than one !

Roger

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 11:02:45 am »
Thanks for the input.... sounds like a done deal then. My birthday in a month and the other half has been asking what I want! LOL

:001: :001:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 02:44:32 pm »
Good luck with that, I was hoping some Triumph niceties for Father's day, but the kids did not get it right  :112:, though I should not complain: they spoiled me!  :001:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline dott

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Murrieta, CA
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 10:31:53 pm »
I have been thinking about adding these to my TT also.  Really seems like a "no brainer" to protect pipes and radiator from stone damage.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 04:08:13 am »
I have the radiator guard installed and had ordered the downpipe grill at the same time but am still waiting on it to show from the dealer here in the US.  I think it was some kind of p***ing match regarding R&G claiming they shipped it and the distributor claiming they never received it, but I have just last week received an e-mail that they are finally on the way and should be in this week.  That's the last piece of farkling I need for mine.  I wish someone made the adjustable length brake and clutch levers for the Trophy, but so far those are a no show.  I'd like some adjustable or a bit shorter kind of like the Wunderlich Vario levers without the W's price - sheesh!
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

tweedy-bunch