Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Spain & Portugal  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Dave Croxford

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy 1200
  • City / Town: Ruislip
Re: Spain & Portugal
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 07:02:22 PM »
Just come back from Spain@Portugal on my trophy 2400mils .my route was santander palencia salamanca badajoz then albufeira 11euro in tolls they are great roads no old bill!!.after albuferia we went to sagres rooms a plenty 30/40 euro hot then travel up west cost to milfontes go right in to  the beach hotels no probs
now if you want bend after bend go to santisago road 121 then beja 4/5 gear bends some blind this is part home route
sintra is ok historic nazare is ok but for sun stay in the south
if you go to lagos on the way to sagres there is road taxes but you dont have to pay ,they say you need a transponder it then takes the money out of the bank .the Portuguese don't use the road so its empty A22 road number
on some of thease roads we covered 101 mls in 1 hour that's how good they are we averaged 54.5  at 80 /90mind you the last 500 mls   we pushed on 105/110 it droped to 52.5 ,have a good trip we did Dave Croxford 

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 09:31:26 PM »
I have done some of that route through Norway before.  The coast road on the way back had lots of cameras?  I used to work for a Swedish firm and spent a lot of time in sweden and even had a log cabin in Norway!  They (swedes and Norwegians) used to say drive up through Sweden and back down through Norway.  On the other hand lillehammer would be good to go to. 

One day I will have to go back and do some proper riding rather than working.

Your route looks fantastic I am very jealous.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 09:35:44 PM »
I have to persuade the other half to go for it that late in the year. the weather protection on a K1300S is not qutie up to the Trophy standard!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧