Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 2700+ miles England to southern Spain.  (Read 5255 times)

Offline alapues

• Trophy Member
  • Si hay que ir, se va!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Launch ed.
  • City / Town: Zaragoza
Re: 2700+ miles England to southern Spain.
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 11:29:13 am »
Same thing happens in Spain, there are fix radar, which are cleary marked but al people slow down to pass them, and accelerate later, it's rather frecuent to find a hidden police car somewhere in the next 1-2 kilometers; the mobile ones may be placed in civilian cars or hidden in many ways, and there are regions as Catalonia with it's own police forces where they are specially avid  :233:

Another point that I'm not sure if it's applied to foreign countries bikes is that at spring-summer they made 2-3 one-week campaigns theoretically directed to raise security  :745: during which they stop us just to ask for yor driving licence, the bike's documments and insurance and perhaps also blow to control alcohol levels; This kind of controls stop you even if you are driving within the speed limits.
V'sssssss

Offline woody

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sunny Swindon
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 05:17:37 am »
All back home safe and sound now. The bike was superb, we hacked down through France to Andorra where we had a hotel booked. How many bikes could you travel through France in 1 day in relative comfort? Although as we detoured a few times in southern Spain we originally planned to ride back up the east coast of France but instead took the Santander ferry back to Portsmouth.
Hi RAS to answer your questions the police with speed guns hiding in the bushes happened just outside Calais port 20 Min's inland on an N road and the second was on a toll road in the center of France miles from anywhere, and the police motorcyclist and van had a rolling road block on a toll road as well with two service gates opened that they used to double back up the road and catch the next victim (very sly) :151:
Hi Apapues thanks for that information, I lived and worked in Spain a few years ago so am used to being stopped by the Guardia civil with guns and chains wanting to check my documents, although it only happens in my Spanish registered car, when I'm in my UK registered car over there they wave me on through as they don't seem to want to be bothered with trying to understand official English documents or upset the tourists, thankfully its only happened twice in 8 years.. But it still makes me a bit nervous when it happens. The Policia local seem a much nicer police force always willing to help. It's good that you share your local knowledge with others who may be planning a ride through what is a beautiful country of yours and a place I would call my second home.
Also Apapues I don't know how much news you get in Zaragoza from the Murcia region but they had a 3000 bike ride out, that went passed our house last week ‘contra la druga’ it must have lasted 15Min's and had just about every type of motorcycle known to man in it. It was fantastic to see so many people with common interest out having a good time. :152:
With the Santander ferry short cut the total journey only racked up 2500 miles a bit short but no less it was brilliant fun.I'm planning the next one already over to Germany Switzerland or maybe even Italy next year depending on what my better half will let me get away with. :153:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 05:25:05 am by woody »
Nothing to fear but fear itself!

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 11:48:22 am »
Hi Woody

That sounds like a great trip, very envious ! good that the bike performed well.

Good luck on your next biggie

Roger

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 03:46:40 pm »
*Originally Posted by woody [+]
All back home safe and sound now. The bike was superb, we hacked down through France to Andorra where we had a hotel booked. How many bikes could you travel through France in 1 day in relative comfort? Although as we detoured a few times in southern Spain we originally planned to ride back up the east coast of France but instead took the Santander ferry back to Portsmouth.
Hi RAS to answer your questions the police with speed guns hiding in the bushes happened just outside Calais port 20 Min's inland on an N road and the second was on a toll road in the center of France miles from anywhere, and the police motorcyclist and van had a rolling road block on a toll road as well with two service gates opened that they used to double back up the road and catch the next victim (very sly) :151:
Hi Apapues thanks for that information, I lived and worked in Spain a few years ago so am used to being stopped by the Guardia civil with guns and chains wanting to check my documents, although it only happens in my Spanish registered car, when I'm in my UK registered car over there they wave me on through as they don't seem to want to be bothered with trying to understand official English documents or upset the tourists, thankfully its only happened twice in 8 years.. But it still makes me a bit nervous when it happens. The Policia local seem a much nicer police force always willing to help. It's good that you share your local knowledge with others who may be planning a ride through what is a beautiful country of yours and a place I would call my second home.
Also Apapues I don't know how much news you get in Zaragoza from the Murcia region but they had a 3000 bike ride out, that went passed our house last week ‘contra la druga’ it must have lasted 15Min's and had just about every type of motorcycle known to man in it. It was fantastic to see so many people with common interest out having a good time. :152:
With the Santander ferry short cut the total journey only racked up 2500 miles a bit short but no less it was brilliant fun.I'm planning the next one already over to Germany Switzerland or maybe even Italy next year depending on what my better half will let me get away with. :153:

Glad to see your back & safe dude. Hope my bike performs just as well in September  :138: :138:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.