Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hooray! I finally feel part of the TT fraternity.  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Glenk69

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Hooray! I finally feel part of the TT fraternity.
« on: June 20, 2013, 08:09:24 am »
I had my first ever problem with the TT today.  For months now and after 15,300kms I have been on this forum arrogantly posting that I haven't had a single problem with my TT.  I almost felt marginalized from everyone else.   This morning on the commute to work my windscreen wouldn't operate.  I stopped several times and switched her off and restarted but to no avail.  When I got to work it finally worked and hasn't missed a beat since. 

I can now empathize with the many members here who have had issues with their TT and I finally feel part of the TT Brotherhood.  :430:

In all seriousness I am not overly concerned as I assume that Triumph will iron out these problems with software updates but even with this issue I am now a Trophy devotee and will forgive it the occasional problem.  After all it is a new bike and in the long term I'm sure it will be considered the best Touring Motorcycle on the market.  As far as I'm concerned it already is.

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Re: Hooray! I finally feel part of the TT fraternity.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 11:05:57 am »
 :046: Welcome to the club!!
Like you I love this bike. Great to ride & so comfortable.
My screen hasn't missed a beat since they fixed it a few weeks ago.

Simon

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 02:14:06 pm »
*Originally Posted by Glenk69 [+]
I had my first ever problem with the TT today.  For months now and after 15,300kms I have been on this forum arrogantly posting that I haven't had a single problem with my TT.  I almost felt marginalized from everyone else.   This morning on the commute to work my windscreen wouldn't operate.  I stopped several times and switched her off and restarted but to no avail.  When I got to work it finally worked and hasn't missed a beat since. 

I can now empathize with the many members here who have had issues with their TT and I finally feel part of the TT Brotherhood.  :430:

In all seriousness I am not overly concerned as I assume that Triumph will iron out these problems with software updates but even with this issue I am now a Trophy devotee and will forgive it the occasional problem.  After all it is a new bike and in the long term I'm sure it will be considered the best Touring Motorcycle on the market.  As far as I'm concerned it already is.

Glen
You've always been in the brotherhood my friend :028: :028: Along with the other problems my screen did exactly the same thing and unlike the other problems hasn't repeated. As in your language "NO WORRIES"  :745: :745: :745:

Take care & ride safe  :821:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 05:13:35 pm »
*Originally Posted by Glenk69 [+]

Uhmmm, now you have me worried :012: do I have to w8 until I have problems to be part of the brotherhood.  Or does my previous 40+ years of putting up with other Triumph problems  :159: entitle me to membership :187:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 06:18:17 am »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
Uhmmm, now you have me worried :012: do I have to w8 until I have problems to be part of the brotherhood.  Or does my previous 40+ years of putting up with other Triumph problems  :159: entitle me to membership :187:

Go on then  :087: :087: We'll let you in as well  :028: :028:  :745: :745: :745:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 03:16:18 pm »
If you have to have problems to be part of the brotherhood......

I would rather be excluded! LOL

I did have fun and games on my old Daytona 1200, not the bikes fault, more the dealership!

Had it serviced in Birmingham by the then Triumph Dealer, picked it up and riding home on the motorway (Freeway for our American cohorts!) Not going too mad as they had just put a new tyre on the rear. A car pulled up alongside me with everyone in it, including the driver, gesturing madly for me to pull over!

Thinking, thats not right, I duly did so! Guess what, I found that the rear calliper had come adrift and was dangling by the hose along the road. Apparently an impressive shower of sparks along the road behind me but below my line of sight so I didn't see it! Absolute miracle it didn't bounce up and tangle in the wheel! I was blessed that day!

Dealership refused to admit that it could have been anything to do with them, go figure!!!  :125: :125:

Eventually agreed to replace the calliper with a used one they had, but took solicitors and weeks of wrangling!

Needless to say they are not in business anymore!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 04:15:53 pm »
Ideal Garage by any chance?
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 04:47:31 pm »
It was indeed! LOL
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch